Needed: a faster way to search...

Winnie

Can someone please help me find a way to do quick searches
for files and folders on my C drive. I am forever looking
for files or folders. Recently upgraded to xp from 98
where it was much easier.

Now I have to select "start, search, files and folders,
deselect the D drive so I just search in C, and then
finally enter my search." Maybe the defaults can be
changed but preferences doesn't seem to want to help me do
that.

Isn't there something simple like control F?

Also, there is a selection on the search menu
for 'quickfinder' but my computer says can't
find 'qfinder110.exe' What's that all about? The
knowledge base didn't help on a search query and neither
did google.

Someone has surely faced this challenge before, no?
Thanks... Winnie

Jerry

See "PC Magazine" dated 04 May 04 article 'Windows 68 Tips & Tricks' page
82 - Change Preferences to Speed Searching.

Carrie Garth

Winnie said:
wrote in message Can someone please help me find a way to do quick searches for files and folders on
my C drive. <SNIP> I have to select "start, search, files and folders, deselect
the D drive so I just search in C, and then finally enter my search." <SNIP>

After you complete your search you can save the query so that you do not have to fill
in the search criteria in the future when you want to search for similar objects.
For more information search the Help and Support Center for the topic titled:
Save a search query

Tip: To specify more than one folder (or drive) in the "Look in:" box, put a
semi-colon between the folder names. For example, if you enter the following in the
"Look in:" box and click Search, you will find all the files in both of the folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users; C:\WINDOWS\Temp

Thank you all. This was my first post; you were so helpful to me. I really appreciate it

hagd

winnie