Need the URL of a free Marine Aquarium 2 Screensaver

Anonymous

My wife saw Windows XP's screensaver "Marine Aquarium 2" today in the
computer department of a local store---and she wants it.

I have searched the net for free Marine Aquarium screensavers, but have
found none. (What I *FOUND* was that the phrase "free screensaver" has
been redefined on the Internet to mean: "costs less than $25.")

Does anyone know where I can get Marine Aquarium 2 (or one similar to
it) for free?

Michael Laplante

Does anyone know where I can get Marine Aquarium 2 (or one similar to it)
for free?

Not Marine Aquarium but this one at:
http://simaquarium.com/
offers photorealistic fish. The free version is a plain tank -- no plants,
rocks, etc. -- but the water and lighting effects make it seem like you're
viewing a webcam located on the ocean bottom somewhere.

They seem to have changed the distribution somewhat. I dl'd mine a couple of
years ago as a standalone file. Now it seems you simply download one file.
Probably once you register, it unlocks the other tanks. I can't say for sure
though. Give it a try. . .

Anonymous

Michael Laplante wrote on 3/5/2006 :

Thanks for the tip Michael, but that isn't going to work. Simaquarium
doesn't look "free" to me because it comes bundled with all of the
payware versions in a single downloaded file. That makes me very
suspicious.

Any other possibilities?

Michael Laplante

Anonymous said:
Any other possibilities?

Unfortunately, no. I did an exhaustive search of freeware aquariums some
time ago and never found one better. I could email my file to you. It's only
2.3 megs but. . . it is an exe, so all the usual precautions apply. If
you're interested let me know where to send it. . .

Anonymous

It happens that Michael Laplante formulated :
Unfortunately, no. I did an exhaustive search of freeware aquariums some time
ago and never found one better. I could email my file to you. It's only 2.3
megs but. . . it is an exe, so all the usual precautions apply. If you're
interested let me know where to send it. . .

I appreciate your help! Please send your free screensaver to
director <at> swissinfo <dot> com.

John Corliss

Anonymous said:
My wife saw Windows XP's screensaver "Marine Aquarium 2" today in the
computer department of a local store---and she wants it.

I have searched the net for free Marine Aquarium screensavers, but have
found none. (What I *FOUND* was that the phrase "free screensaver" has
been redefined on the Internet to mean: "costs less than $25.")

Does anyone know where I can get Marine Aquarium 2 (or one similar to
it) for free?

I really like Marimo Software's Fishsaver2 v.1.2. However, the download
link at the (Japanese) website:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...creen+saver&num=100&hl=en&lr=&sa=G&as_qdr=all

(translated page, and link may wrap)

doesn't work, so I'll post the download in alt.binaries.freeware for you.

Note that you must have a good video card to run this one.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No

John Corliss

John said:
I really like Marimo Software's Fishsaver2 v.1.2. However, the download
link at the (Japanese) website:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...creen+saver&num=100&hl=en&lr=&sa=G&as_qdr=all

(translated page, and link may wrap)

doesn't work, so I'll post the download in alt.binaries.freeware for you.

Note that you must have a good video card to run this one.

Sorry, but I spoke too soon. The .zip file is 3 mb, and when I try to
upload it, Thunderbird locks up.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No
adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez for me, please.

Anonymous

John,

I appreciate your help! Please send your free screensaver to
director <at> swissinfo <dot> com.

Thanks!

John Corliss

Anonymous said:
John,

I appreciate your help! Please send your free screensaver to
director <at> swissinfo <dot> com.

Thanks!

I've sent it to you via my Yahoo account. Please let me know if it
reaches you okay.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No
adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez for me, please.

Susan Bugher

John said:
I really like Marimo Software's Fishsaver2 v.1.2. However, the download
link at the (Japanese) website:

(translated page, and link may wrap)

doesn't work, so I'll post the download in alt.binaries.freeware for you.

Note that you must have a good video card to run this one.

I think this is the most recent: v 1.6 (fs2v16.zip 30-Dec-2005)

Program: Fish Saver 2
Author: Marimo Soft
Ware: (Freeware)
http://ring.atr.jp/archives/pc/forest/f/fishsaver2/

http://ring.atr.jp/archives/pc/forest/f/fishsaver2/fs2v16.zip
10616 KB

It's not getting any smaller. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Anonymous

John Corliss formulated on Monday :
I've sent it to you via my Yahoo account. Please let me know if it reaches
you okay.

Hi John,

Well, it's been three hours and I don't have the message that you sent.
Swissinfo is a free email service and the 3MB file may have exceeded
their limit---I honestly don't know.

Thanks for trying!

Susan Bugher

I downloaded the file and activated it. It switched my monitor from
1024x768 to 800x600 and displayed a error box that was written in Japanese.

Thanks anyway! I appreciate your help!

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried v 1.6 but version 1.5 works
fine on my Win XP box. I downloaded it from the archive above but it's
now been replaced by version 1.6. You might be able to find v 1.5
somewhere else. Look for fs2v15a.zip (9069 KB)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Joe Bloggs

[...]
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried v 1.6 but version 1.5 works
fine on my Win XP box. I downloaded it from the archive above but it's
now been replaced by version 1.6. You might be able to find v 1.5
somewhere else. Look for fs2v15a.zip (9069 KB)

A Google search on fs2v15a found several links, but all led to a "file
not found" error or had already been updated to 1.6.

Michael Laplante

I appreciate your help! Please send your free screensaver to
director <at> swissinfo <dot> com.

Anon:
Tried to send the file, but the email was rejected. I will post to my
personal webspace for you. I'll send url to above address.

Michael Laplante

Michael Laplante said:
Anon:
Tried to send the file, but the email was rejected. I will post to my
personal webspace for you. I'll send url to above address.

Anon, your email service keeps rejecting any mail I send to
director<at>swissinfo<dot>com. What now?

Susan Bugher

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried v 1.6 but version 1.5 works
fine on my Win XP box. I downloaded it from the archive above but it's
now been replaced by version 1.6. You might be able to find v 1.5
somewhere else. Look for fs2v15a.zip (9069 KB)

Evidently something in your OS/computer set-up is causing the problem
you had. . .

I downloaded v 1.6 and gave it a *quick* trial. No-install (unlike v
1.5) - I ran FishSaver2v1_6.scr after unzipping and it worked fine. I
didn't check out the various .ini files. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

FTR

Anonymous

Michael Laplante submitted this idea :
Anon, your email service keeps rejecting any mail I send to
director<at>swissinfo<dot>com. What now?

This teaches me a lesson: I should NEVER give my attention to another
project while I'm typing my email address on this newgroup. This whole
thing is ALL MY FAULT.

The CORRECT email address is director<at>swissinfo<dot>ORG

Not .com like I had written before. I'm such a dunce.

Anonymous