Windows XP Need help in hardware and virus problem...!

Reaction score
Hi
Am using Win2KServer Service Pack 4, recently my PC been effected with a virus called POKAPOKA63.exe and POKAPOKA64.exe which are located at \WINNT\ETB, i formatted and reinstalled WIN2K Server and making sure that the folder is not existed i connected to internet later it has reappeared with a new name called POKAPOKA69.exe.

After seaching the different forums, by this time again i reformatted my disk, first i installed McAfee firewall & antivirus and connected to internet and uploaded the viruses before scanning my computer i made sure to show the hidden files and unchecked 'Hide protected o/s file'. i have found two .exe files which are removed by the McAfee itself.

Interestingly after reboot and while connecting the internet am getting the error that 'Modem is not detected'. When i checked my log event i found some messages where am enclosing below. Since am not aware what those were, i request you guys to help me out....

Log Events:

1 Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection: Adapter Link Down.

2 The computer has rebooted from BugCheck. The bugcheck was 0x000000b8 [0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000] Microsoft Windows 2000[v15.2195]. A dumpwas saved in \Winnt\MEMORY.DMP.

when i want to open that file i found that it was to big to open [0.99GB]

3 Application POPUP: Messenger Service: Message from microsoft systems....
Microsoft windows has encountered internal error
Your windows registry is corrupted.
Microsoft windows required a complete system scan

Microsoft recommends http://myregfix.com to repair it now.

4 The security pakage Negotiate generated an exception. The package is now disabled....

5 IPSEC policyAgenet service: Ipsec driver failed to start.

Guys am not sure whether this virus has been removed completely or not, one of my friend said that it may reside at RAM intial memory [am not sure about that]. If it is pls help me how to over come all this so that i can start to connect the internet.

Thanx in advance.

Reaction score
nope...!

Hi muckshifter,

Thanx for u'r reply, even am too wondering... how its happening. I have reformatted 4 times but as soon as am connecting to internet, it is taking control. One of my friend suggested to reformat it with Linux software in order to clear some hidden files [in case they present] but after loading windows still it apearing. Well am too confident that if i format the whole disk then the whole data present should be erased, if yes how come the virus is reappering with same name having different extensions while am connected to net for first time while opening the basic sites called www.google.com

Thanx

Reaction score
:(

Hi Itsme..

Thanx for the reply, i performedall the operations as u said earllier, but nothing has resolved my problem.

Reaction score
but as soon as am connecting to internet, it is taking control.

that says to me you have no firewall installed?

You do have a firewall program?

:confused:

Ask a Question