Windows XP What do I do with a .aspx file?

Reaction score
Hi, for a couple of weeks I have experienced a blue screen with the info DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, plus some wording "If this is the first time,etc", and the Technical Information: *** STOP: (0x000000D1, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000). This only happens when I'm on the internet - on Ebay especially.
I've been on the Windows website and in relation to this problem it told me: The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center: "Download the 916595 package now". (Coloured blue). When I double click on the download, I get the message: We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. So I right clicked on the download and "Save link as". When downloaded, the file was "Smarterror.aspx". When double clicking on this file it opens in Notepad and is a lot of information that I don't understand. Shouldn't I have downloaded an .exe file?
What am I doing wrong, if anything? Otherwise, can anyone recommend a remedy for this annoying problem?
Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, first I'd pop onto the Tinternet and find any online virus scanner and run it, and then do the same with another one, just to be double sure.

Now, pop along to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ and ask for a more profesional advice. Make sure you give them all the info on your system especially OS. :)

Reaction score
Hi, I've already scanned pc with my Avast anti-virus, Spybot and Malwarebytes twice in last 2 weeks. Nothing was found.
I have since discovered that a corrupt video card driver can give those error number sequences. I believe it's definitely a driver issue, probably some software that I've recently installed.
I found a site late last night called Nirsoft where you can download a bluescreen application to determine where the problem lies and gives you the info. Knowing my luck it prob won't happen again, tho I doubt it.

Reaction score
Well it seems that the Nirsoft Bluescreen application has come up with the goods. (It had excellent reviews.) it seems that it's my Kerio Sunbelt Firewall driver that is causing the problem. The firewall is now obsolete and not supported but it worked so well up to now that I kept using it. I'll change to another firewall as soon as I find one that works in the same way as the Sunbelt.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Remove Kerio and just run Windows Firewall.

Also, your trying to download the file thats 'pointing' to the download, not the download itself (basically, not 100% true but you get the idea)

EDIT: Wait, this is Win XP. Dude, its time to upgrade. :)

Reaction score
Right, I'm still running Win XP because I like it and I have 78 items of software installed, I'm 67 and I don't think I've got enough years left on this planet to go through installing Win 7, I hate Win 8 and 10, and having to re-install all my programs, many of which probably wouldn't run on WIn 7, 8 or 10. Give me Linux anytime for speed and ease of use, but unfortunately doesn't cater for Autocad, Photoshop and Sonar. They have equivalents, but I prefer those three Windows programs.
Regarding Windows Firewall, my friend, running Win 8 at the time, had to run another bit of software because, unlike Sunbelt, Windows Firewall allowed his software programs to access the internet every time he booted up. The last thing we want is our sofware programs to keep accessing the net and telling us that updates are available, and other annoying stuff. I want to use my PC not spend most of my time updating this and that all the time. Most of the time I'm offline working with Autocad 2006, Photoshop CS4, Cakewalk Sonar 8.5, Sony Soundforge 10 - yes they are old-ish versions, but still work exceptionally well for me - so not receiving annoying notifications. If I get another notification telling me that Flash needs updating - every update download fails - I'll go up the wall.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... you like XP, good. :)

I'm 64 this year, I didn't have to reinstall any software when I went to windbag 10, and, been using Win Firewall since XP ... you had to turn it on, in the beginning, MS now do it for you.

Don't let us persuade you to change your ways, we were merely 'suggesting' an alternative to an obsolete program. :wave:

:user:

Reaction score
Sorry if I seemed a tad ratty. I just feel that if something's working fine 99% of the time why change it. I remember the hassle changing from Win2000 to XP, took quite a while to get things back to normal.
You mentioned Win Firewall, as I said my friend had to install a piece of 3rd party software to allow him to select which Windows programs could or could not access the net thru Win Firewall. He couldn't find a way of doing that with the basic Win Firewall. Sunbelt does that as standard procedure. Will find another that does it too.

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my Sunbelt Firewall, and I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me exactly what the following actually means, please?

On the Blue Screen of Death it read: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT _LESS_OR_EQUAL..........What does that mean? Less than what or equal to what?

The information I got using NirSoft Bluescreen View was as follows:

Dump File: Mini042216-01.dmp
Crash Time: 22/04/2016 21:53:12
Bug Check String: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code: 0x100000d1
Parameter 1: 0x00000000
Parameter 2: 0x00000002
Parameter 3: 0x00000008
Parameter 4: 0x00000000
Caused by Driver: SbFw.sys
Caused by Address: SbFw.sys+13332
File Description: Sunbelt Personal Firewall driver
Product Name: Sunbelt Personal Firewall
Company: Sunbelt Software, Inc.
File Version: 4.6.1860.0
Processor: 32-bit
Stack Address 1: SbFw.sys+1291c
Stack Address 2: SbFw.sys+1335b
Stack Address 3: aswStmXP.sys+e23a
Full Path: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042216-01.dmp
Processors Count: 4
Major Version: 15
Minor Version: 2600
Dump File Size: 110,592
Dump File Time: 22/04/2016 21:54:24

Is it possible to explain to me from the above exactly what the driver is doing to cause the crash?

Thank you in anticipation,
Mike

Ask a Question