Need HELP--can't open subweb

Ray Cole

My webs are on a Windows XP using FP2K.

When I try to make a subweb I get the error "Server error: Unable to create
a disk-based web at "C:Documents------ because the parent web would not be a
disk-based web.

On Google I can see others are having the same problem, but I can't see a
solution.

Any help appreciated.

Ray

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

It has to be something like this:

C:My Documents\My Webs\yourparentweb'sname\yoursubweb'sname

It has to be under your parent webs name, it can't be dangling loose somewhere :)

The; My Document\My Webs may be wherever you store your disc based webs.

hth.

| My webs are on a Windows XP using FP2K.
|
| When I try to make a subweb I get the error "Server error: Unable to create
| a disk-based web at "C:Documents------ because the parent web would not be a
| disk-based web.
|
| On Google I can see others are having the same problem, but I can't see a
| solution.
|
| Any help appreciated.
|
| Ray

Ray Cole

I have been using the parent web for years now on a hard disc and publish
externally to a host site. All I am trying to do is to add one more web. Now
I get the error message telling me it is impossible. Sorry if I was not
clear before.

When I create a new folder within the main web and ask for it to be a
subweb, I get the error "Server error: Unable to create a disk-based web at
"C:Documents---\site\new_folder" because the parent web would not be a
disk-based web.

My webs are on a Windows XP using FP2K

All help appreciated

Ray