My pictures folder missing "filmstrip" option

Fred

My pictures folder used to have the option of viewing the pics in
"filmstrip" fashion but this has been lost.if I right click on the "my pics"
folder the is no customise option.
Any ideas how to get it back.
Running Windows Xp Home with all updates to date.

Fred

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Tools - Folder Options - View - Reset

Nope that doesn't work. No filmstrip view available and no "customise"
option when I rightclick on "my pics"

David Candy

You aren't in the folder are you cause it will save the setting when you leave it. Do it in a different folder. You want no saved settings for that folder when you open it. Then it will sniff, but My Pics is special and always sniffs to Pictures.

If that doesn't work then your BagsMRU store is corrupt. Post back if that is so. Reset resets the Bags only. If BagsMRU need doing it needs to be done manually.

After I posted I thought will I post again saying do this in a different folder but I was too lazy.

I have tried this tip too and it doesn't work for me either - still no
filmstrip view - can anyone help

Thanks

Foundthe answer! And it works!

Filmstrip View Is Not Available
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 299542
Last Review : October 18, 2001
Revision : 1.0
SYMPTOMS
If you select Use Windows classic folders in the Folder Options dialog box,
Filmstrip is no longer available on the View menu in folders that contain
pictures.
CAUSE
This issue can occur because the Filmstrip feature requires that Show common
tasks in folders be selected to view the full functionality.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, select Show common tasks in folder:
1. Double-click the My Computer icon.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3. On the General tab, click Show common tasks in folder under Tasks.
4. Click OK.

Regards