My new Creative Zen Micro!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BTW, the jukebox is masive! (As in size!) Check out the specifications.

Reaction score
I don't know what i use lol ...

Is it massive then ?! Oh i ain't geting the Jukebox then !!! It looks small though !!! :S odd i will get the 20GB one soon then

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
dude, find out what format you using! have a look at one of the files. Your "My Music" folders the usual place.

Reaction score
Well the Juebox is outa da question being that big lol

I THINK i use WMA :S Coz it comes up with that windows logo next to each logo :S

lol Does it really matter when transferring from a CD ?!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not really, the only thing you gotta watch for is the compatability issue. But if you use MP3 or WMA then you should be ok, coz they are what most stuff plays.

Reaction score
Wicked ... i will get the Touch then if the Jukebox is MASSIVE !!! lol :) Thanx !

It says WMA and MP3 so should be ite lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dude, just make sure your sure first b4 you go and flash the cash!!! :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Belloni said:
But the nomad i can't see says transfers into WMA ?!?!

What's the difference in WMA and MP3 ?!?! Becuase if there isn't then i may aswell get the Nomad with more space :) ?

Thanx
There arent really too many differences between WMA and MP3. They simply use different compression techniques.
MP3 has been on the go for quite a lot of years now, and is my personal favourite (but i think that's mainly due to the fact that most of my 20Gb of music are in MP3, and it really does pay to stick with the same format if you can). WMA is Microsofts own compression technique, and I think offers slightly smaller file sizes than MP3. I don't think there is much difference in quality between the 2. You can use varying compression rates with both formats though when you encode tracks, and the higher quality you select, the larger the file size, but if you want to store more tracks on your player you can set your encoding compression to a lower value and thus have much smaller file sizes - have a go with a few settings and pick the one which suits you best.
I use MP3 compression at 192Kbps, although 128kbps still offers very good quality and offers file sizes of approx 1/10th size of original WAV file.
Hope this helps. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
wma files are definitely smaller.

I also use 192kbps, it's a good compromise, imo.

Also, imo, mp3 files sound better than wma, but perhaps I'm being fussy, it's a close call.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
OK folks. I've posted my mini review of the Zen Micro in the 'User Review' board.

It is only meant to be a mini review, not a full tech review, as that will be hosted on my own site when i get it done.

Please feel free to leave your opinions of the review in the review thread. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
cool review mate, you've done the Zen maximum justice!! I like your new site too!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have just been experimenting!

Just been playin my Zen through my nice expensive Technics headphones, now i know they aint Sennhiser or anything like that but i have only 3 words!

OH MY GOD!!!!! :D

The sound difference is amazing!! The bass is sooooooo damm good! Got the E.Q set on max (12) at 80Hz Not a hint of distortion! :cool:

Me thinks the battery wont last as long,(Big cones to power!) but who cares with sound quality like that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

If you lisen to any kind of Trance, House Dance or alike then you wont be disapointed!!

BT sounds very good! (If you dont know/like BT then lock yourself in a darkened room til you realise the error of your ways!!!)

Sorry for getting to into it, been down the pubs you see!

First thing tomorra gonna go on the hunt for some new and improved headphones!!! :)

Reaction score
i think zens dont look as good as mini ipods but my few week old ipod min the battery has alredy
give in so i will see if they let me swap it for a zen micro !!!

Ask a Question