My new Creative Zen Micro!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just thought i'd let ya all know that i am now the proud owner of a brand new Zen Micro.

This aint gonna be a review of it but i thought i'd just tell you all how cool it is! A mates got an Ipod and its way better than that! Sounds better, and the whole thing feels more solid than the ipod.

If anybody here is thinkin of buying an ipod then dont buy one of thease instead!!! :cool:

Reaction score
that looks horrible...

as an owner of an ipod 20 it has everything....except battery life lol although saying that mine has lasted from calais to somewhere in the south of france lol and plus the trip from hertford to dover

itunes is brilliant does everything for you the ipod itself has a ease of use about. Dont even have to lift ur thumb!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah maybe so but i wouldn't like to be tied down to apples music format.:(

There DRM is very naughty and people should be able to choose which format they want to use on there portable music player, it's there right as they have paid for the priveledge.

You won't find me buying an Ipod, i'll go for a player where i can choose what i want when i want....:D

Sheep comes to mind..:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've found all Ipod owners to be really defensive, almost agressive, when the integrity of their machine is questioned.

Brain-washed, the lot of 'em :p

If and when I ever buy a personal player, after all I've read, heard and seen, I'd go for the Zen.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've had a Creative Zen for about 4 months now, and love it. I think its much better than the Ipod because its cheaper, battery last longer, looks more stylish and its the size of a credit card for christ sake! It plays WMA and MP3 which are the only music format i own, so it does its job ;).

I'd upload ya a picture of it which i took next to a credit card and ya could see, but i cant get the upload attachments to work :/.

Reaction score
I thinking very hardly of buying a 20GB Ipod from Ebay for around 130pounds ...

Since my LAME Mini Ipod has gone bust and i bought it for 200pounds !!!

That sucks big time so just wondering ... i might get a Zen but i LOVE the "Click wheel" on the Ipod so ...

Reaction score
ipods rule :p

they ease class although there are other alternatives for it but they just dont do it for me

the zen things look ugly and bulky things my friend has one and the sensor thing is way to sensitive!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what do you prefer the looks of the ipod or the reliability and better functions of the Zen? personally after trying both i prefer the zen it is by far better than the ipod even if it doesn't look as good

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Its that age old argument - Style over Function.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
ipods rule :p

they ease class although there are other alternatives for it but they just dont do it for me

the zen things look ugly and bulky things my friend has one and the sensor thing is way to sensitive!!

Them tell him to turn the sensitivity down! Goto, System > Player Settings > Touchpad > Sensitivity > Low

Bulky!? - Its smaller than a deck of 20 fags!!! :confused:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I too bought a ZEN MICRO last week, and i think it's an amazing little toy. Personally I think it looks fantastic - with the subtle, yet downright cool lighting effect of the whole front panel. The navigation using the central slider is a bit tricky to get used to, but once you do, it's great, quite easy to find your way around. The features too are great, with multiple music formats, FM radio (with recorder), voice recorder, easy music library navigation, and you can even set a section of the 5GB capacity as a USB drive for transfering files.

OK so it's only 5GB, compared to 20GB on some, but really does anyone NEED to carry about 20GB of music. I currently have 861 tracks on mine, with a little room to spare, and even if i do want some more music on it, it is easy to remove/transfer/swap new songs to it. Battery life is supposed to be about 12hrs too (although thats probabally under best lab conditions), due to it being solid state memory instead of HDD based.

;) Forget the IPod, get Creative. Get a ZEN MICRO. ;)

I will have a full review of it soon for you all. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah here here up the zen, looking forward to that review Cache-man...

As for the zen being bulky...:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Zen all the way!

Maybe someone should start a poll!?

I would, but dont feel i have been a member for long enough to do things like that :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
Zen all the way!

Maybe someone should start a poll!?

I would, but dont feel i have been a member for long enough to do things like that :)

You can start a poll if you like :)

Reaction score
Yeah that's what i think ... the Zen lasts longer ... but doesn't look as good as da Ipod so i will probably go for da 20GB Zen or something lol

There is a new Samsung that is sposed to be da closest competition to the Ipod so far ?! lol

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Bulky :s

attachment.php

Attachments

• zen.jpg
    zen.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 454
Reaction score
Wicked looks like i getting a 20GB Zen if i can't fix my Ipod lol Hope not ! I want a new one with MORE space coz i run out on da Mini Ipod so ... lol

:p Thanx guys for pursuading me !

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Ask a Question