    in powerpoint? Why id Publisher titled Publisher for Powerpoint - I don't see
    the advantage of it over movie maker and I'm wondering if I'm missing
    something. Thank you

    Guest, Jul 22, 2005

    Echo S Guest

    "apavia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > what is the advantage to using either movie maker or publisher for

    powerpoint
    > in powerpoint? Why id Publisher titled Publisher for Powerpoint - I don't

    see
    > the advantage of it over movie maker and I'm wondering if I'm missing
    > something. Thank you

    I think you probably mean Producer, not Publisher. Producer is a PPT add-in.
    Publisher is a page layout program that has nothing to do with PowerPoint.

    Producer lets you display your slides as HTML, which maintains animation,
    and add video, sound, etc. Basically, you end up with a web page (or web
    pages) of sorts.

    With Movie Maker, you can add sound, and you get transitions, but you can't
    maintain the animation of objects on slides. And the output is a video file.

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

    Echo S, Jul 22, 2005

    Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry for the confusion, yes of course I
    meant producer.

    When I use Producer FOR powerpoint it opens as separate software. Therefore
    I have to "publish" the movie and then separately insert the published movie
    into a powerpoint file, exactly as moviemaker. I don't quite understand your
    comment that Producer maintains animation, and let's you add video and sound.
    Seems that Moviemaker also allows this. I did notice the web page feature
    that producer gives you. I also don't understand what you said in reference
    with movie maker about not being able to maintain the animation of objects on
    slides, I beleive you can. I recently used inserted Movie maker movies in a
    powerpoint presentation and I believe I had all features available, but maybe
    you mean I can't custom animate the specific inserted movie maker file.

    So far I think the only difference I understand is with producer you end up
    with an HTML file and with MovieMaker you end up with a video file. But with
    Producer can't you also publish it as a video file?
    Thank you so VERY much!
    Audrey

    Guest, Jul 23, 2005

    Echo S Guest

    I wasn't clear that you wanted to put Producer content on your PPT slide.
    Usually people use Producer to output PPT and video together in a webpage.

    Same with Move Maker -- I was answering from the assumption that you wanted
    to put your PPT content in a Movie Maker file. Movie Maker will import a
    bunch of still images, but it won't import your actual PPT file (animated
    slides) as content.

    I realize you did say
    > > > what is the advantage to using either movie maker or publisher for
    > > > powerpoint in powerpoint?

    But I read this as using Producer or Movie Maker with PPT, which usually
    means to get PPT into a different output format as opposed to putting
    Producer or Movie Maker output *into* PPT.

    So, as to the advantages of putting Producer or Movie Maker output on a PPT
    slide, you're still back to Producer exports HTML and MM exports video.
    You'd have to use an add-in, LiveWeb http://skp.mvps.org/liveweb.htm, to get
    Producer's HTML page to play in PPT.

    I just downloaded Producer and made a test file, and if it exports movies, I
    just don't see it here. I mean, you'll get WMV files as part of the HTML
    conversion, but at least in my experience, they're probably not the type of
    WMV files you'll want to put back on a slide.

    Have you actually tried exporting a project from Producer yet to see what it
    generates?

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com