Word microsoft word problem - " and @ signs

Reaction score
I accidentally pressed a combination of buttons whilst using Microsoft Word and now when i type Shift+2 to get quotation marks, ", it instead types @ and vice-versa! I'm not sure exactly what buttons i pressed, but does anyone know how to rectify this problem?!

This only happens in Microsoft Word, I don't have any problems typing " or @ when i'm using the internet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

What version of Office, 'cos MS love to confuse people and move things in different versions.

Try Tools, language, set language & reset it back to English UK ... if you're lucky, it will stay that way. :)

It is my understanding that Word takes its language settings from Windows itself. Unless you is using several different languages, like US & UK, you need to "delete" the US one (US = UnServiceable). ;)

go to ... START, Settings, Control panel, Regional and Language, Languages, Details.
Select your default language from the list at the top.
If you need a different keyboard layout, select the language in the list at the bottom, then click ADD. In the following dialog box choose a keyboard layout.

Note: remove any languages and keyboard layouts that you do not intend to use. :thumb:

:user:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290938

Ask a Question