lost pictures

Reaction score
I "saved" the pictures from my phone to my computer. I could see the pictures on the desktop, so I erased the phone. I then tried to edit the pictures in the computer's folder and when I tried it says I saved shortcut, put in the disk. Have I lost all my pictures? Is there any way to print what I can see or copy to something that I can take and resave or print? There are 70 thumbprints on my screen, I just can't do anything without it asking for the disk to be inserted.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
A shortcut will have two identifiers by default. The first is usually the name "shortcut to XXX." The second is a small white box with a black arrow in it on the lower left of the icon.

If you have in fact made shortcuts to the images and then deleted them, chances are they are gone. What kind of phone do you have? Perhaps there is a utulity to retrieve deleted images.

I have yet to come across a utility such as this, yet. However, there are all sorts of cool things on the interwebs.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There are 70 thumbprints on my screen, I just can't do anything without it asking for the disk to be inserted.
Looks to me as the are just pointers (shortcuts) to the phone pics. If you deleted them off the phone, they gone. :cry:

I don't know of any free pic 'recovery' program for phones.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What sort of phone is it you have ? Do the pictures get stored on a memory card ?You could try using RECUVA to recover them, I have used it in the past and its worked fine for me.

Reaction score
They were on a memory card, I took them from the card to the computer, could see them on computer, so deleted the card. I can still see them on the computer, but when I try to edit, copy, print....it tells me to put the card back in. Card is empty unless someone knows how to retrieve deleted.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
They were on a memory card, I took them from the card to the computer, could see them on computer, so deleted the card. I can still see them on the computer, but when I try to edit, copy, print....it tells me to put the card back in. Card is empty unless someone knows how to retrieve deleted.

Do you put the card into a card reader to transfer the pictures to your computer ?
You can use Recuva which I linked in my above post to recover your deleted images.

Reaction score
I took the chip in phone and put in about 1" memory adapter....put that in slot in computer...is that what you mean?

Reaction score
Sound too me you have viewed pic on card thinking they were on ya puter then deleted by accident ooopsss

you can get memory card recovery software usually form the makers of the card

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I once accidently deleted pics that were on the memory card when looking at them on the PC.

They were all in the PC Recycle Bin. Have you looked there?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I once accidently deleted pics that were on the memory card when looking at them on the PC.

They were all in the PC Recycle Bin. Have you looked there?

Yay for failing to safely remove your device!

edit: Actually, I think it is the other way around. If you safely remove a USB stick, the deleted files will be in the recycle bin. now i have to test this theory.

Last edited:

Ask a Question