Printing Problem

Reaction score
My daughter has taken some pictures,using a digital camera (samsung) at night using flash.
On the monitor screen all the detail is visible. But on printing them out the detail is lost. Is there a printer that will print pictures faithfully? The printer we are using is a Epson Stylus DX5050 multifunction. The O.S we use is XP home edtion.
So if anyone can recomend a printer that will print out pics as seen on the screen please do so.
Many thanks.
historian

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
No printer will print what you see, unless you spend some money and 'calibrate' screen, camera & printer. I wouldn't bother if you ain't a pro photographer. ;)

However, a half-decent "photo" printer should do a lot better than your all-in-one printer. :thumb:

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
historian said:
So if anyone can recomend a printer that will print out pics as seen on the screen please do so.

Hi historian,
I use a HP Photosmart A618 photo printer which I find very good.

I reviewed it in August 2007 www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3196300.php

Since then I'm sure the price has come down. It is, of course, ONLY a photo printer and you may need a different printer for letters etc., as I do.

Niv

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just to add my five-pennyworth ... I've got an HP Photosmart 2575 (which is an all-in-one, so it will print, scan and copy.) I've had it for a year now and find that it produces some very good photo-prints which I have found to be pretty faithful to what I see on screen (but using HP's own recommended inks!) There is a special "photo ink" cartridge which you use in combination with the tri-colour cartridge - but having said that, I have had good results even using only the tri-colour and black.

I wonder whether another alternative that you might try, Historian, would be to save your daughter's photos to a removable disc, and having it professionally printed..? I think a lot of photo-printers offer this service now... just a thought :)

Reaction score
Hello.
Thank you all so much for your ideas. We thought of a dedicated photo printer,but looking around my desdk I`ve no room for it. The idea from Taffycat in using a memory stick sounds good,I`ve got one some where around here.
Again many thanks to all.
historian.

Ask a Question