Window shopping (shooting)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
After I finished my stroll in the park around 6 PM the other day, I decided to continue to shoot and wanted to see how the camera would behave after dark. I drove to nearby town square where there are some great opportunities to shoot the street and window lights on the "City walk" which also houses the local town hall.

I was more interested in testing the camera for low light, slow shutter speeds and its famous image stabilization feature built-in. All these pictures were taken hand held and a tripod was not used, all I did was to hold my breath and leave the rest to the camera.

After the shoot I realized that these pictures without the image stabilization would never have come out the way they did. :thumb:

Here are the pictures, your comments are very welcome. :)

P1000375.JPG

P1000379.JPG

P1000388.JPG

P1000395.JPG

P1000399.JPG

P1000401.JPG

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
More great photos Quad, I liked these a lot. It's interesting to be able to see a Sugar Land City Walk and there is something so appealing (to me) of lit stores shining out onto a darkened street.

You must be feeling very pleased with the clarity and detail which can be seen, even in the shadowy areas; impressive.

My motto is: image stabilization is your friend! ....Well it's certainly mine! ;) To be able to produce non-fuzzy photos when using macro, or low-light settings, etc., without losing the spontaneity as you set-up a tripod. (...or having to find something solid to rest your elbows on...) is hugely helpful, imho.

The dog boutique caught my eye... not least because of the very thoughtful addition of a canine rest-room facility immediately outside! (Some humans might just dismiss this as being a small tree of course...) :D

If I had to choose a favourite, it would be Zoe's Kitchen. It looks bright and cosy inside contrasting with the glistening, wet walkway outside.

Thanks for sharing, hope there will be more soon :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks TC for your comments. :bow:

Yes I love to shoot in ambient light and mixed lighting is always challenging to say the least. I have had a very good feel of the camera and will tweak the setting a bit more for my next shoot hopefully improving the IQ from the camera itself. :nod: I don't have time for post processing and therefore I am very demanding in that respect from the camera, I love to see things working out of the box.

I have my off days during the coming week and plan to do another shoot in a more interesting place. :dance:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Exceptional shots there mate especially as they were all hand held. Be nice to see some comparison shots with some taken from a tripod.Your shopping mall looks very Blade Runnerish. :D

The pictures are taking a long time to load here and more than fill me 24" screen which may be a problem for some folks. :cool:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Exceptional shots there mate especially as they were all hand held. Be nice to see some comparison shots with some taken from a tripod.Your shopping mall looks very Blade Runnerish. :D

The pictures are taking a long time to load here and more than fill me 24" screen which may be a problem for some folks. :cool:

I don't have a tripod and plan not to get one since the camera is tack sharp hand held even at shutter speed's as low as 1/6th of a second.

I posted full resolution shots straight from the camera, just so the anyone can see how the high res pics from this camera look like.

Ask a Question