Sugar Land, Texas

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I decided to go for a walk in the Town Center of Sugar Land today and what I saw is what I am posting here.

Some of the pictures are of the famous monument in the Town Plaza and a nice luggage shop at the end of the City Walk.

yrwrck.jpg

yrwrcn.jpg

yrwrcm.jpg

yrwrcu.jpg

yrwrc6.jpg

yrwrct.jpg

yrwrcl.jpg

Some of the pictures were not planned at all like the Ferrari F50 parked just nearby looking fantastic, I heard that these F50's were made in 1996 and only 349 of them! The guy who owns it thinks it is a toy
nod.gif
See the Registration plate?
laughingsmiley.gif
This being No 4, I wonder what else he has parked in his garrage. Just imagine a toy worth half a million Dollars, this guy is surely loaded;)

yrwrcp.jpg

yrwrco.jpg

yrwrcq.jpg

yr0amt.jpg

I actually was there to attend a Jazz concert and poicked up the camera only at the last moment since I had some time to walk around before the concert would start. Its been a while that I did any photography, was so to say hibernating.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
What super pictures Quad, those horse sculptures are amazing, but it looks as if it might be depicting an actual event, so can't help worrying about the fate of the poor horse who is struggling. :eek: Very interesting to see though.

It certainly is a beautiful car:nod: but looking beyond it, the trees look great lit-up like that, it must be very pleasant to walk around during the evening.

:D

Reaction score
Nice pictures Mr Quad.:thumb:
The Lone Star State is a great place to be living in.:nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a really interesting fountain! Great pics, Quad :thumb:

How was the jazz concert? :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great pictures Quad - the fountain looks amazing :nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Truly awesome photos Quad!!!
nod.gif

Wish i could take a photo as good as that! :bow:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey fanatstic pics Quad...:thumb:

The pics of the horse sculptures look like a re-enactment of some battle somewhere.

The Ferrari isn't an F50 though its a an F430 and a fraction of the price of an F50...Nice car though..:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Hey fanatstic pics Quad...:thumb:

The pics of the horse sculptures look like a re-enactment of some battle somewhere.

The Ferrari isn't an F50 though its a an F430 and a fraction of the price of an F50...Nice car though..:D

The sculpture that you see is that of Stephen Fuller Austin known as "Father of Texas". Here is a bit of history on him just for reference.

Father of Texas

I am sorry if I mislead anyone into thinking it was an F50
wallbash.gif
, I am not into cars but thank you very much for correcting me. Even if it is not, it sure is a mean looking machine :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
That's a really interesting fountain! Great pics, Quad :thumb:

How was the jazz concert? :)

Yes the fountain is interesting with all that water flowing around the sculpture. I may have to go there once more to get some other angles.

The Jazz concert was great, live music is the best way to really appreciate the music. The band that was playing was that of Stephen Richard and they were good. The were playing music from the newly released CD Introducing Stephen Richard "Because of You"

The band is actually visible in the background in one of the photos in the thread, take a look at the 3rd picture from the top, the building on the left in actually the centre of the plaza and they are seated in between the pillars. The show had just started and people were slowing gathering from around the City Walk where the shops are. It's a very nice place, spotlessly clean, and great atmosphere.

Reaction score
Mr Quad are you living in Sugarland, Texas then?
The State of Texas is very nice.
I used to stay with friends in San Antonio & Dallas.:nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
What super pictures Quad, those horse sculptures are amazing, but it looks as if it might be depicting an actual event, so can't help worrying about the fate of the poor horse who is struggling. :eek: Very interesting to see though.

It certainly is a beautiful car:nod: but looking beyond it, the trees look great lit-up like that, it must be very pleasant to walk around during the evening.

:D

It sure is a very pleasent place to spend time relaxing. I have been there only twice, I should be going there often. When I get an opportunity I will try to discover some other interesting places to take some pictures of otherwise my camera will go to waste and I may also become rusty :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
murdoch said:
Mr Quad are you living in Sugarland, Texas then?
The State of Texas is very nice.
I used to stay with friends in San Antonio & Dallas.:nod:

Yes I am located in Sugar Land, Texas. I plan to visit both San Antonio and Dallas when I get the opportunity, not sure when. I have a friend living in Dallas so that is one excuse for me to go there, but San Antonio, I have to come up with an excuse to justify going there:p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs said:

Look what I found, the picture of the car I took is neither an F50 nor an F430 but in reality it is a 360 Spider :eek:

Looks like we both got it wrong :p

Attachments

• prev_360_03.jpg2947BDD9-E081-227F-DA050172668C8C6A.jpgLarge.jpg
    prev_360_03.jpg2947BDD9-E081-227F-DA050172668C8C6A.jpgLarge.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 144

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nope 360 spider has different airscoops at the front...
nod.gif

Both cars show there engine compartment at the rear under perspex, thats whats got you mixed up..

Ask a Question