Windows XP lost adminastrator account

Reaction score
I bought this computer refurbished when I started it I had administrative privileges but know I only have a limited account I tryed to reset passwords in (bios) but it is disabled and I can`t change it It tells me that something is unpluged from the system board.??what does that mean??

What disc do i need to restore this system administator account ??
or is there anything else I can do (PLEASE HELP I AM NEW TO THIS STUFF)

THAHK YOU..EDDIE1898

Reaction score
eddie1898 said:
I bought this computer refurbished when I started it I had administrative privileges but know I only have a limited account I tryed to reset passwords in (bios) but it is disabled and I can`t change it It tells me that something is unpluged from the system board.??what does that mean??

What disc do i need to restore this system administator account ??
or is there anything else I can do (PLEASE HELP I AM NEW TO THIS STUFF)

THAHK YOU..EDDIE1898

Hi and welcome to the forum....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

What OS are you using..? Cn you be more precise to the message you are getting..? What exactly is it telling you is unplugged from thethe system board..?..More info please...:thumb:

Reaction score
eddie1898 said:
I am using windows xp proffessional-type /x86 based from dell corp.

Ok can you now tell me what it is saying is unplugged from the system board...I doubt MS would just give a message saying "something is unplugged from the systerm board.."
nod.gif

Reaction score
ok but i will have to try to get in (bios) again so give me some time please !!!!..

like I said Iam new this is my first computer..

Reaction score
Eddie, sorry mate before you carry on..You say you bought the computer re-furbished..? Who did you buy it from and did they gve you a warrenty with it..? Normally who ever you bought it from would have given you at least 6 months..If you are still within the warrenty period and you say you are new to computer or this is your first one, i'd take it back under warrenty rather than attempt to repair it yourself, incase the inevitable happens and you end up doing more damage to it than good.....This would be best practise in my opinion....:thumb:

Reaction score
ok I am back ..the message I am geting in (bios) is..plug has been removed from enable jumper on the system board!!...I bought this computer from amazom.com thrw (m3 inc)
I don`t know if I have a warrinty I will contact them and find out tha last time I tryed to contact them i did not get an answer

Reaction score
eddie1898 said:
ok I am back ..the message I am geting in (bios) is..plug has been removed from enable jumper on the system board!!...I bought this computer from amazom.com thrw (m3 inc)
I don`t know if I have a warrinty I will contact them and find out tha last time I tryed to contact them i did not get an answer

If you bopught it from/through Amozon i'm sure it will be under warrenty..And as for the error you are getting, that is something best dealt with by a proffesional..Keep trying them, wehter it be by e-mail or by phone..There will no doubt be other people to read this post who have had dealings with Amozon that could steer you in the right direction as to contacting them and who to contact....

Reaction score
eddie1898 said:
thanks for the info I just emailed them again and I am wating for a reply .thanks again

Take into account "A watched pot never boils"...Don't sit there waiting for them to e-mail back, as it's Sunday today and BAnk 'oliday tomorrow yu might only get a response on Tuesday or so..

Ask a Question