Windows Vista Limited Connectivity to my wifi network

Reaction score
Hello PCR, hope we are all keeping well.

I have a bit of an issue regarding my laptop computer.

I have recently started using it again after not doing so for 3-4 months.

The issue I have, is that it can't connect to my home network. It just says it has a limited connection. I am using windows vista and even re-formatted the HD to see if that would fix the problem, which hasnt resolved anything!

The wifi in the house is fine, I am using another computer now which is connected to it via wifi. I bought an ipad today and that also has no issues connecting to it...

Im not sure what else to do, i have spent a lot of time reading forums but i still cant sort it out.

Thanks
G

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey G~Man, are you able to connect to other networks using the laptop? It doesn't look like a config problem if you've re-formatted, but it could be a driver problem - are you using latest drivers?

The only other thing I can think of would be to temporarily change the router WiFi security, perhaps to an unsecured connection (only for a few mins while you test) and see if it can connect and gain full network access then.

Reaction score
It's odd, my brother says his connection is a bit on and off with his computer. Although my main desktop, the ipad, my sisters comp and the other laptop as well as the phones are having no issues at all.

Could it be the router? Maybe a reset will do the trick ... i'm running out of ideas, but want to avoid messing with the router if I can!

Ian - I'm using the drivers that comes with the laptop, no updates just the factory settings one. Although I never used to have any connection problems before yesterday when I used it before hand with the same drivers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, try a router reset - it wouldn't surprise me if there has been a problem issuing the IP address or something along those lines... worth a try :). Certainly won't do any harm.

Reaction score
You have to re - set up your all wifi settings, if still limited access then you have to configure the wifi and show the access of that modem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Computers aye, I dont understand them at all! Turn the lappy on this evening at it starts to work :S

Thanks for tho peeps, will use the suggestions in the future if needed!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PC 101, first restart the machine.

Ask a Question