Sony Z2 Wifi Stalling

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bought a new Sony Z2 last week, but it looks like it's going back (getting it RMA'd), as the WiFi is incredibly temperamental! Bah :(

It connects to my network fine, but every 30 seconds the wifi stalls for around 10 seconds. At first I only noticed this when loading webpages, so thought it was a DNS issue. Tried alternatives, but it did the same thing. So tried:
  • Changing router WiFi config, disabling 5Ghz, changing channels, WEP, WPA2
  • Tried new router
  • Tried another WiFi network (Costa! :lol:)
  • All of the other devices we run work ok on Wifi.
  • Hard reset phone
  • etc...
Nothing worked :(

Seems a bit of an odd issue, so I was wondering if there was anything I missed? I'm hoping it's not a firmware problem, as surely that would have been picked up by now.

Fingers crossed the replacement fixes it :thumb:.

Reaction score
Is this the one advertised as being waterproof by a man sitting in a bath???:lol:
Sorry Ian, but if you have the latest mobile you get problems, sadly!:mad:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bought a new Sony Z2 last week, but it looks like it's going back (getting it RMA'd), as the WiFi is incredibly temperamental! Bah :(

It connects to my network fine, but every 30 seconds the wifi stalls for around 10 seconds. At first I only noticed this when loading webpages, so thought it was a DNS issue. Tried alternatives, but it did the same thing. So tried:
  • Changing router WiFi config, disabling 5Ghz, changing channels, WEP, WPA2
  • Tried new router
  • Tried another WiFi network (Costa! :lol:)
  • All of the other devices we run work ok on Wifi.
  • Hard reset phone
  • etc...
Nothing worked :(

Seems a bit of an odd issue, so I was wondering if there was anything I missed? I'm hoping it's not a firmware problem, as surely that would have been picked up by now.

Fingers crossed the replacement fixes it :thumb:.

Sounds fudged Ian. :(

If its still doing it after a factory reset, there isn't much you can do. Aside from rooting it and trying custom roms and radios etc. But thats a lot of buggering about, only to find out its a hardware fault. lol

Send it back!

E: I assume its as upto date as it can be? Its running 4.4.2?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the one advertised as being waterproof by a man sitting in a bath???:lol:

That's the one!

Send it back!

E: I assume its as upto date as it can be? Its running 4.4.2?

Yep, just waiting on a postage-paid bag (tomorrow I hope!).

It's running 4.4.2, but there is a firmware update for the phone that has yet to hit the UK (for the Z2), so I wonder if that has anything in it that may help. Too late for this phone though, as I hope my replacement will have arrived by then!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Done all that unfortunately, I've toggled every option possible that I can see, but it still hangs :(. Fingers crossed the new one works!

Ask a Question