    Thanks

    Later,
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Malcolm

    Frank Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    > document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    > problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    > abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    > and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    > scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    > no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    > updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    > SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Later,
    > Malcolm

    Have you tried Kodak tech support?
    Frank

    Frank, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    That is why buying separates allows one to choose the best of breed. A
    Canon printer with an Epson scanner.

    In your case you have 2 good choices.

    1. Have Kodak Tech Suppt solve the problem

    2. Return the machine

    measekite, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Malcolm

    Ron Baird Guest

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    > document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    > problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    > abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    > and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    > scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    > no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    > updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    > SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Later,
    > Malcolm

    Greetings Malcolm,

    Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The printer/scanner
    does not use a twain and the report implies something going on there, and
    that may have something to do with it? Are you using the scanner software
    offered by Kodak?

    You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details of
    your situation.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:27:33 -0400, "Ron Baird" <>
    wrote:

    >"Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Later,
    >> Malcolm

    >Greetings Malcolm,
    >
    >Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The printer/scanner
    >does not use a twain and the report implies something going on there, and
    >that may have something to do with it? Are you using the scanner software
    >offered by Kodak?
    >
    >You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details of
    >your situation.
    >
    >Ron Baird
    >Eastman Kodak Company

    Yes I am using the Kodak software. No I did not try the camera and
    scanner wizard. I'll try that and contact you.

    Thanks

    Later,
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Mar 27, 2007
  6. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    Heeeeess Baaaack

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Later,
    >> Malcolm
    >>

    > Greetings Malcolm,
    >
    > Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The printer/scanner
    > does not use a twain

    I guess it is not standard.
    > and the report implies something going on there, and
    > that may have something to do with it? Are you using the scanner software
    > offered by Kodak?
    >
    > You can contact me directly if you like.

    Contact Kodak Tech Suppt directly so they can log your problem. If they
    cannot help you then return the machine and get a Canon IP4300 and an
    Epson scanner. That combination will work great and the cost will be
    about the same for both.

    measekite, Mar 27, 2007
  7. Malcolm

    Ron Baird Guest

    "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message

    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Later,
    >> Malcolm

    > Greetings Malcolm,
    >
    > Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    > printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    > going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    > the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >
    > You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    > of your situation.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    Greetings all,

    Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
    models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
    for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
    continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
    to you.

    Best Regards,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 29, 2007
  8. Malcolm

    Guest

    Wow, an actual Kodak representative. I too have a minor problem with
    my new 5100 in that it will never go into standby, computer off/
    computer on, or from pressing the power button (the manual says it
    will go to standby if it is on and you momentarily press the power
    button.) Anyway, I did contact support with no reply after 4 days so
    far. It isn't a big deal currently, although I would like to know the
    ramifications of it being left on all the time.

    Other than the standby problem, I haven't had any issues with it,
    unlike the quirky E**** PictureMate I used to use. Good prints, when I
    could get it to cooperate.

    As for the printer itself, I have been waiting literally years for
    something along these lines to come out. Resonable cost for decent,
    long lived prints. I don't need a really high quality (quality is
    pretty good, especially with the better paper) photo printer for fun
    prints, or even my serious prints. I just like to have pictures. Plus,
    I get good color text/picture output to boot. My wife likes it because
    she isn't computer friendly and she has figured it out along with my
    two computer savy daughters. Thanks Kodak, for bringing out a really
    useful product.

    Robert

    , Mar 29, 2007
  9. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >>> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >>> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >>> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >>> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >>> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >>> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >>> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >>> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Later,
    >>> Malcolm
    >>>

    >> Greetings Malcolm,
    >>
    >> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    >> printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    >> going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    >> the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >>
    >> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    >> of your situation.
    >>
    >> Ron Baird
    >> Eastman Kodak Company
    >>

    > Greetings all,
    >
    > Whoa, what was I thinking?

    You were thinking of a way to put Kodaks name in this ng. More PR.

    If the guy needs help he should post on the Kodak website, Then you or
    one of your colleagues can post an answer back.

    measekite, Mar 30, 2007
  10. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    wrote:
    > Wow, an actual Kodak representative.

    Who shouold not post or represent his commercial company in this ng.
    > I too have a minor problem with
    > my new 5100 in that it will never go into standby, computer off/
    > computer on, or from pressing the power button (the manual says it
    > will go to standby if it is on and you momentarily press the power
    > button.) Anyway, I did contact support with no reply after 4 days so
    > far.

    Paying more for a printer should also get you tech support.

    measekite, Mar 30, 2007
  11. "measekite" <> wrote in message

    > Ron Baird wrote:
    >> "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >>> Greetings Malcolm,
    >>>
    >>> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    >>> printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    >>> going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    >>> the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >>>
    >>> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    >>> of your situation.
    >>>
    >>> Ron Baird
    >>> Eastman Kodak Company
    >>>

    >> Greetings all,
    >>
    >> Whoa, what was I thinking?

    > You were thinking of a way to put Kodaks name in this ng. More PR.
    >
    > If the guy needs help he should post on the Kodak website, Then you or
    > one of your colleagues can post an answer back.
    >> Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the models use TWAIN. I
    >> meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix for you, Malcolm
    >> would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am continuing the
    >> investigation into your error. When I have more I will post to you.
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >>
    >> Ron Baird
    >> Eastman Kodak Company

    Hey measeface! you dumb ****, why don't you just ****off and mind your own
    buisiness.

    Rene Lamontagne, Mar 30, 2007
  12. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:57:23 -0400, "Ron Baird" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >>> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >>> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >>> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >>> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >>> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >>> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >>> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >>> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Later,
    >>> Malcolm

    >> Greetings Malcolm,
    >>
    >> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    >> printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    >> going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    >> the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >>
    >> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    >> of your situation.
    >>
    >> Ron Baird
    >> Eastman Kodak Company

    >Greetings all,
    >
    >Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
    >models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
    >for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
    >continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
    >to you.
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >
    >Ron Baird
    >Eastman Kodak Company

    I have tried the camera & scanner wizard and I can scan with that. The
    following is what happens when I try to use the Kodak software or the
    button on the All in One:

    Press scan button and start button.
    Window pops up from AiO software and says “Scanning from scanner
    glass”.
    Next a message pops up and says “ An error has aborted your scanning
    session. Press OK to continue”.

    Start AiO Home Center
    Click on Scan Pictures and Documents
    Click on scan now
    Window pops up “scanner warming up”
    Then “Scanning from scanner glass”.
    Then “Unable to complete scan” Error code: 1 – 2007.

    Start AiO Home Center
    Click on Scan Pictures and Documents.
    Click on Preview
    Then scanner warming up
    Then “An error has aborted your scanning session.
    Press OK to continue.
    Then “Error code 1 – 2007”

    During the scanning attempts I just noticed the copy light is lit on
    the All in One and not the Scan light.
    I have all updates on my Windows XP including “.NET framework and
    MSXML which I did not have before installing the Kodak software. I
    noticed Kodak installing the .Net Framework so I went to MS update and
    did all the updates for MSXML and .NET Framework.

    Thanks

    Bye Now,
    Malcolm

    Thanks

    Later,
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Mar 30, 2007
  13. Malcolm

    Frank Guest

    Rene Lamontagne wrote:

    > Hey measeface! you dumb ****, why don't you just ****off and mind your
    > own buisiness.

    hehehe...good one! :)
    Frank

    Frank, Mar 30, 2007
  14. Malcolm

    Rob Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>>I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >>>document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >>>problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >>>abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >>>and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >>>scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >>>no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >>>updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >>>SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Later,
    >>>Malcolm

    >>Greetings Malcolm,
    >>
    >>Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    >>printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    >>going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    >>the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >>
    >>You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    >>of your situation.
    >>
    >>Ron Baird
    >>Eastman Kodak Company

    > Greetings all,
    >
    > Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
    > models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
    > for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
    > continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
    > to you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    You may have to look at the device manager to see if you are running it
    with a microsoft driver or the kodak driver.

    If your running it with the MS driver then you will have to update the
    driver and "force " it to see and use the Kodak one.

    What you have mentioned above is consistent with the scanner not seeing
    the twain driver but being able to use the other drivers that have come
    with the hardware. the MS driver has been given preference to the Kodak
    one when the hardware is being loaded - plug and pray system.

    rm

    Rob, Mar 30, 2007
  15. Malcolm

    Guest

    What a whiner you are.....

    , Mar 30, 2007
  16. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:31:42 +1000, Rob <> wrote:

    >Ron Baird wrote:
    >> "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >>>Greetings Malcolm,
    >>>
    >>>Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
    >>>printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
    >>>going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
    >>>the scanner software offered by Kodak?
    >>>
    >>>You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
    >>>of your situation.
    >>>
    >>>Ron Baird
    >>>Eastman Kodak Company

    >> Greetings all,
    >>
    >> Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
    >> models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
    >> for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
    >> continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
    >> to you.
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >>
    >> Ron Baird
    >> Eastman Kodak Company
    >>

    >You may have to look at the device manager to see if you are running it
    >with a microsoft driver or the kodak driver.
    >
    >If your running it with the MS driver then you will have to update the
    >driver and "force " it to see and use the Kodak one.
    >
    >What you have mentioned above is consistent with the scanner not seeing
    >the twain driver but being able to use the other drivers that have come
    >with the hardware. the MS driver has been given preference to the Kodak
    >one when the hardware is being loaded - plug and pray system.
    >
    >rm

    Hi Rob,

    I checked the device manager and found; The driver tab on imaging
    devices shows Kodak as the driver provider. However when I click on
    the "details" the driver shows as provided by MS??????

    I just remembered after I installed the Kodak software I went to MS
    update site and it showed "hardware updates" for the Kodak All in One
    and I installed them. I wonder if that is my problem? May be I will
    uninstall the Kodak software and reinstall without the MS update for
    hardware.

    Thanks

    Later,
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Mar 30, 2007
  17. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    Epson scanners do not have those types of problems. And Epson Tech
    Support does ot infiltrate this ng doing PR and advertising. I wonder why.

    measekite, Mar 30, 2007
  18. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:35:53 GMT, measekite <>
    wrote:

    >Epson scanners do not have those types of problems. And Epson Tech
    >Support does ot infiltrate this ng doing PR and advertising. I wonder why.
    >
    >Malcolm wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:31:42 +1000, Rob <> wrote:

    I am looking for constructive conversation, thanks.

    Thanks

    Later,
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Mar 31, 2007
  19. A-ha, Ron is here, great!

    Art

    Arthur Entlich, Mar 31, 2007
  20. Malcolm

    measekite Guest

    So I guess this group want to have posts from Vendors, Commercial
    Companies, Advertisers, and Public Relations Firms. If one invites one
    they should invite all.

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > A-ha, Ron is here, great!
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Ron Baird wrote:
    >
    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
    >>> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
    >>> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
    >>> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
    >>> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
    >>> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
    >>> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
    >>> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
    >>> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Later,
    >>> Malcolm