Java Virtual Machine

David

On certain web sites internet explorer asks for Java Virtual Machine,
I have gone to I.E. advanced but cannot find any mention of Java. I
have done a search on Google but I am confused as to what I should
install, Microsoft or Sun Java, any help or links as to what to what I
should download would be must appreciated. (Running XP Pro.)

David

William Wang[MSFT]

Hi David,

Microsoft ceased supplying their version of Virtual
Machine for JAVA in early 2003 due to a legal
settlement between Microsoft Corporation and Sun
Microsystems. You can see Microsoft''s Customer
Letter for full details:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/news
/jre.asp

Please feel free to let us know if you have any
questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

William Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer