Integrated Installation of Win XP with SP1a

G

I have read many Microsoft documents stating how to setup the distribution share with an Integrated Instalation. The only copy of the SP1a files available to my orginazation is the downloadable one, which Microsoft's web site says has all the software on the CD, but when I run it, there is no option to perform the tasks described in the Creating an Integrated Installation. I've even ran the instalation file they offer for Network Install, then copied the files in the temporary directory it creates to a permanent one for the purpose of seeing if what I need is there. Can someone offer me help on building this Integrated Installation for my network?

T

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

BenjaminO said:
I have read many Microsoft documents stating how to setup the distribution share with an Integrated Instalation. The only copy of the SP1a files available to my orginazation is the downloadable one, which Microsoft's web site says has all the software on the CD, but when I run it, there is no option to perform the tasks described in the Creating an Integrated Installation. I've even ran the instalation file they offer for Network Install, then copied the files in the temporary directory it creates to a permanent one for the purpose of seeing if what I need is there. Can someone offer me help on building this Integrated Installation for my network?

Hi

See the "The Integrated Installation" chapter in the "Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 Installation and Deployment Guide".

You will find a link to this guide here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/

Ask a Question