Windows XP installer problem xp

Reaction score
Every time I switch sites a windows installer box comes up and says preparing to install,half the time it never works,and when it does it takes 4-5 minutes.It also shows in task bar too.Any ideas?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll have to explain a bit more about your problem, what do you mean by switch sites and does it have any application titles or anythnig (i.e. what it's for?).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
We need a wee bit more information ... 'tis why nobody answered your first post yesterday ... we have no idea what you are on about.

:)

Welcome. ;)

Reaction score
When,I go to click on internet explorer,instead of it coming up,a little box comes up that says windows installer,inside it says preparing to install.It takes about 4 minutes for it to work,and finally lets internet explorer come up.Then it also comes up in a random fashion when switching to other sites also.I tried to do system restore,from a spot when it did not come up, but it did not work,as the installer still came up.I have all the virus/spyware installed.I have a hp media center 1160 computer,approx 2 yrs. old.I connect via cable modem.Since I have teens using the same computer,it has had sev.crashes in this period of time.I have not been able to get thru the maze of help solutions that xp has to offer,to fix the problem.

Reaction score
When,I go to click on internet explorer,instead of it coming up,a little box comes up that says windows installer,inside it says preparing to install.It takes about 4 minutes for it to work,and finally lets internet explorer come up.Then it also comes up in a random fashion when switching to other sites also.I tried to do system restore,from a spot when it did not come up, but it did not work,as the installer still came up.I have all the virus/spyware installed.I have a hp media center 1160 computer,approx 2 yrs. old.I connect via cable modem.Since I have teens using the same computer,it has had sev.crashes in this period of time.I have not been able to get thru the maze of help solutions that xp has to offer,to fix the problem.

Ask a Question