I cant send email on windows mail

Gary VanderMolen

Verify that you have SMTP authentication enabled:
Tools, Accounts, select the Cox account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure "My server requires authentication" is checked.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Hurricane434 said:
Yes, I was sending from home. This email in particular I was sending to my
work email just as a test to see if it would go through. Before that I also
tried sending to other friends and those would not go through either.

Gary VanderMolen said:
Were you sending from home when you got that error message?
Cox does not support using their SMTP server when away from home.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Hurricane434 said:
This is the error message I get:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <[email protected]> relaying not allowed', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Thanks for any help.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Hurricane434 said:
This is the error message I get:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <[email protected]> relaying not allowed',
Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

'550 5.7.1
XCON: NDR with Error 0x800CCC79 When You Send SMTP Mail from Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290808

Mo

mac said:
niki said:
I have trouble sending email. When time out pops up it tells me that my
smtp
isnt responding. I have no probs receiving mail. Comp has windows vista
Can anybody help?

Maybe someone can?

Please post any error message that you get.

My crystal ball is broken.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

The host '(e-mail address removed)' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'cabl;e', Account: '(e-mail address removed)', Server: '(e-mail address removed)',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D can you find a solution to this error message

Gary VanderMolen

"(e-mail address removed)" is not a proper mail server name. Some of your other
mail account settings are also incorrect. Follow AOL's directions for
setting up your email account:
http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Mo said:
mac said:
niki said:
I have trouble sending email. When time out pops up it tells me that my
smtp
isnt responding. I have no probs receiving mail. Comp has windows vista
Can anybody help?

Maybe someone can?

Please post any error message that you get.

My crystal ball is broken.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]
http://www.getsafeonline.org/

The host '(e-mail address removed)' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'cabl;e', Account: '(e-mail address removed)', Server: '(e-mail address removed)',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D can you find a solution to this error message

les

niki said:
I have trouble sending email. When time out pops up it tells me that my smtp
isnt responding. I have no probs receiving mail. Comp has windows vista
Can anybody help?

smtp isn't a valid server name. What happens when you try to use it as one
depends on what your internet provider does with invalid names. You need
to ask your email provider (who is probably also your internet provider) for
their instructions for setting up to use their email servers. If they
haven't
written instructions for Windows Mail yet, use their instructions for
Outlook
Express but under Windows Mail instead. The instructions are probably
somewhere on their web site. Or, you could tell us who your email provider
is and see if anyone here already knows where to find the instructions.

If that doesn't help, show us the entire error message, not just a summary
of it.

Mike Volland

Just started having the same problem and saw your thread. I've had Avast
since I got my laptop a few months ago with no problems. I hadn't changed
anything in it and the email protection was active. I "terminated" the email
protection feature in Avast and now I can send email again. Maybe something
changed in the updates recently. Hope this might help.

Gary VanderMolen said:
Make sure you are not using incompatible third party security
software. Windows Mail is not compatible with most McAfee
or Norton security programs. Those will need to be
uninstalled, not just disabled.

After uninstalling your non-compatible antivirus, download
and install a more compatible antivirus like the free Avast:

Even compatible antivirus programs will need to have their
email scanning option turned off. For more on this topic see
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

If you need additional help, let us know.

Gary VanderMolen [MS MVP-WLM]

Gary VanderMolen

Windows Mail tends to have problems with any antivirus that is
configured to check emails.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Gary VanderMolen said:
Make sure you are not using incompatible third party security
software. Windows Mail is not compatible with most McAfee
or Norton security programs. Those will need to be
uninstalled, not just disabled.

After uninstalling your non-compatible antivirus, download
and install a more compatible antivirus like the free Avast:

Even compatible antivirus programs will need to have their
email scanning option turned off. For more on this topic see
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

If you need additional help, let us know.

Gary VanderMolen [MS MVP-WLM]

ANGELATA said:
Hello Frank G.
I also purchased a new computer with the same problem. I could send and
receive mail when I purchased it in June 07, but then in August I could no
longer send mail.
Error code 0X800CCOE which is can not connect to server.I too think
something has happened. I purchased 3 laptops and 2 desktops and none of the
laptops can send mail only receive. I am so dissapointed in VISTA
performance,and I was so excited about it now I want my XP back!I also tried
the BETA Live Mail same story.I have installed and uninstaled numerous times
to no avail.SOMEONE HELP US FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!
--
ANGELATA

:

Hi Frank S.

I bought my new Desk Top about 6 months ago with Vista. I had no issues with
Windows Mail up until 1.5 months ago. I can recieve but cannot send. I
switched over to Outlook and I have the same issues. If there is something
wrong with E-mails and the Anti Viruses it must be a recent thing that poped
up. If it is known that there are issues than it really isn't fair that these
systems are sold like this. I get an Error that tells me there SSL compatable
errors (0x800CCC0F)

Frank G.

:

I have trouble sending email. When time out pops up it tells me that my
smtp
isnt responding. I have no probs receiving mail. Comp has windows vista
Can anybody help?

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled.

If that isn't it, give us the complete error message.

niki said:
I have trouble sending email. When time out pops up it tells me that my smtp
isnt responding. I have no probs receiving mail. Comp has windows vista
Can anybody help?

"I have trouble sending e-mail" <I have trouble sending

smtp is not a valid server name. Ask your email provider (who is probably
also your internet provider) for their instructions for setting up to use
their
email servers, which should include the correct server names. If they
haven't
written instructions for Windows Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook
Express should also work under Windows Mail as long as they don't call
for the HTTP protocol. The instructions should be somewhere on their
web site. Or, you could tell us who your email provider is and see if
anyone here already knows where to find the instructions.

Ntorita0307

Ï said:
"I have trouble sending e-mail" <I have trouble sending

smtp is not a valid server name. Ask your email provider (who is probably
also your internet provider) for their instructions for setting up to use
their
email servers, which should include the correct server names. If they
haven't
written instructions for Windows Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook
Express should also work under Windows Mail as long as they don't call
for the HTTP protocol. The instructions should be somewhere on their
web site. Or, you could tell us who your email provider is and see if
anyone here already knows where to find the instructions.

Few if any of us here read Greek. If you want help from someone
who can read yahoo.gr's documentation, you're more likely to find
it in newsgroup:

microsoft.public.gr.windows.client

Paul

Hello

I have been able to receive mail with windows mail and only send e-mail
about half the time. The half of the time when I can't send my messages pile
up in my out box. Whem messages can't be sent the computer gives me this
error message. Please help. (I am on an at work wireless connection and my
co-workers aren't having the problem.

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Assessment for Lancaster Reprographics CA', Account: 'amazon.ra.org', Server:
'amazon.ra.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
for (e-mail address removed)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Paul said:
[...]

Wireless users sometimes have that problem, if they get an alternate
wireless
connection that goes through some other internet provider's equipment.
Connections to port 25 that cross over from one internet provider's
equipment to another's before they get to the server are often blocked to
cause problems for spammers.

Adelphia customers are apparantly having to change their email addresses.
See here:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/Adelphia/Adelphia.html

Gary VanderMolen

I take it that ra.org (Rainforest Alliance) is your work office?
Are your co-workers using the same SMTP server (amazon.ra.org)?
Is the owner of the amazon.ra.org server the same entity as the
provider of your Internet connection?
Port 25 SMTP connections are very fussy about not crossing over
to a different provider.

Dave

"dishnetwork" is the correct server name...

follow these instructions for OE, they're the same for Windows Mail

http://my.dishmail.net/howdoi.asp#5

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

sueby said:
i see that several people have difficulty sending emails, sometimes they
go and others they don't. i get these error messeges

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'The Original Lincoln Logs: Quality log homes, log cabins, and
panelized log-siding packages.', Account: 'dishnetwork', Server:
'dishnetwork', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'dishnetwork', Server: 'dishnetwork', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

sue

Gary VanderMolen said:
I take it that ra.org (Rainforest Alliance) is your work office?
Are your co-workers using the same SMTP server (amazon.ra.org)?
Is the owner of the amazon.ra.org server the same entity as the
provider of your Internet connection?
Port 25 SMTP connections are very fussy about not crossing over
to a different provider.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Paul said:
Hello

I have been able to receive mail with windows mail and only send e-mail
about half the time. The half of the time when I can't send my messages
pile
up in my out box. Whem messages can't be sent the computer gives me this
error message. Please help. (I am on an at work wireless connection and
my
co-workers aren't having the problem.

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the
"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Assessment for Lancaster Reprographics CA', Account: 'amazon.ra.org',
Server:
'amazon.ra.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to
relay
for (e-mail address removed)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

'dishnetwork' is not a valid server name. What happens when you use it
depends
on what your internet provider does to such invalid names. You might check
if this leads you toward the instructions for setting up the proper name:

http://my.dishmail.net/faq.asp

sueby said:
i see that several people have difficulty sending emails, sometimes they go
and others they don't. i get these error messeges

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'The Original Lincoln Logs: Quality log homes, log cabins, and

Paul said:
[...]

jeesh, I meant "NOT a valid server name"

stupid fingers

--

sueby said:
i see that several people have difficulty sending emails, sometimes they
go and others they don't. i get these error messeges

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'The Original Lincoln Logs: Quality log homes, log cabins, and

Gary VanderMolen said:
[...]

the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Assessment for Lancaster Reprographics CA', Account: 'amazon.ra.org',
Server:
'amazon.ra.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to
relay
for (e-mail address removed)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

sueby

i see that several people have difficulty sending emails, sometimes they go
and others they don't. i get these error messeges

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'The Original Lincoln Logs: Quality log homes, log cabins, and

Paul said:
[...]

Incidentally, your PC has the wrong time zone. It shows Central time,
although you are actually in the Eastern time zone.
This causes the time stamp on your posts to be in the future.

--

sueby said:
i see that several people have difficulty sending emails, sometimes they go and others they don't. i get these error messeges

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'The Original Lincoln Logs: Quality log homes, log cabins, and panelized log-siding packages.', Account: 'dishnetwork',
Server: 'dishnetwork', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'dishnetwork' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'dishnetwork', Server: 'dishnetwork', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D