How do I send pictures in windows mail? Even cut and pasting?

BChat

I send and receive images all the time w/Vista Winmail.
Under Tools/Options/Security Tab - do you have the "Do not allow attachments
to be opened/saved" checked?

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message OK, MAYBE I AM JUST AN IDIOT....After reading these posts about why it is
none of us can view or send images in Vista I am kinda feeling like WHY do
we
need all of this dialogue and why aren't the Microsoft people remedying this
issue? I am still in the "BLACK HOLE" unable to send images or receive
them...do not need a lot of discussion...need an answer from
MICROSOFT...CORRECT THE PROBLEM. Handle it, no more discussion!

Gary VanderMolen

Ah, now you are engaging the OP in a dialogue, and the OP specifically
didn't want a discussion...
;-)

Rocafella

I used Adobe Pro and Vista Ultimate and to be honest, I did have that problem
once but once you update acrobat and restart your pc, everything works
smoothly so update adobe love.
Cheers.

Rocafella

I used Adobe Pro and Vista Ultimate and to be honest, I did have that problem
once but once you update acrobat and restart your pc, everything works
smoothly so update adobe love.
Cheers.

SBF

Hello, I did try to forward the e-mail with the pix imbedded the way it came
to me and it wiped it out (I checked before I sent the e-mail.) I also took
all the forwards off first then realized the pix was not even there, only as
an attachment. I tried to copy and paste in a new e-mail, and the old e-mail
was not open and I'd clicked on another e-mail so it should have allowed me
to do it, right? Not. So, how do you get a pix imbedded to go fwd. on
something you receive. Oh, I also tried reply all and the pix was not there
then either.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

SBF said:
Hello, I did try to forward the e-mail with the pix imbedded the way it
came
to me and it wiped it out (I checked before I sent the e-mail.) I also
took
all the forwards off first then realized the pix was not even there, only
as
an attachment. I tried to copy and paste in a new e-mail, and the old
e-mail
was not open and I'd clicked on another e-mail so it should have allowed
me
to do it, right? Not. So, how do you get a pix imbedded to go fwd. on
something you receive. Oh, I also tried reply all and the pix was not
there
then either.

Save the picture as a file, make sure it isn't open in some other program
and then try?

THANKS!!!!!

BeachWriter said:
YES YES YES - between advice from Steve & Gary, I solved it. I'm almost
afraid to say what I did for fear of undoing it.

Here you go -
tools
options
security - here you want to UNCHECK "Block images and other external content
in HTML e-mail"
click Apply
OK

That fixed it for me. Hope it sticks.
Susan

Alf Hucom

Steve Cochran said:
Under Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings make sure send pictures with
messages is checked.

steve

I want to forward an e-mail with humorous pictures that have funny captions. When I click forward, the e-mail appears in a new window with captions and pictures displaying correctly, but when I click send (after specifying my target addresses) the version that shows up in my Outbox (Windows Live) shows empty frames where the photos used to be. I even exported the source e-mail to my Hotmail account (where it displayed correctly) by dragging it from my server Inbox - and when I tried to forward it, the photos were all dropped even though the individual photos each had filenames displayed as individual files in the attachment window at the top. HTML settings with send pictures with message is checked off. I even copied the entire e-mail (Ctrl A Ctrl C) and pasted it into an entirely new e-mail (which displayed correctly) but again, same result on SEND. Yes, I realize I can save the photos as individual files on my hard drive, then attach them - but the captioning would all have
to be rebuilt. I do have a life and cannot justify hours spent on some stupid e-mail! This "project" has already taken hours off my day - time I'll never get back. Thanks alot Bill!

Steve Cochran

I was not referring to Windows Live. This is for Windows mail that comes
with Vista. You may not be able to get it to work with Windows Live, as its
capabilities are quite limited.

steve

Gary VanderMolen

Actually, pasting images will work in Windows Live Mail, but not in
Windows Mail.

cajunbabe

Steve Cochran said:
Under Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings make sure send pictures with
messages is checked.

I've already checked these options and that isn't the problem why my images
will not go through with emails. I am clueless because mine will not go
through and everything is checked correctly :-(

Gary VanderMolen

If all your Windows Mail settings are correct, then your issue is likely
to be caused by interference from a non-compatible antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Gary VanderMolen

In that context, it would be the first few lines in the body of the forwarded
message that start with From, To, Sent, and Subject.

Auntie Mame

Unbelieveable! Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are advocating the
turning off of someone's email anti-virus scanner in order that the
Windows Mail programme will operate properly??????

I, too, seem to be having a problem sending jpg's -- received four
replies to an email I sent out last night that none of the jpg's were
included in the message I wrote....... after I had saved them all to
my system and re-written the email in order to get the Incredimail tracing
function out of the source code.

I really wonder how it is that MS can put out a programme, force it upon
their "valued" customers when it's not even operating properly... and offer
no fix for it. I may be over-reacting here, but I really don't think so.
Vista includes enough changes to get used to and when one of those
changes is a programme that blasted-well won't work, this is really too
much!

Just how "valued" does that make all you MS customers out there
feel? I know it's made me hopping mad.

And, btw, I'm running McAfee, the anti-virus programme that was sold
with the computer and loaded by Dell, who also loaded Vista... did Vista
not tell Dell the correct anti-virus programme to use?
This is a top of the line very powerful computer that should actually
run on its own -- but at least not cause me many many hours just trying
to figure out how to operate it. They're called "PC"s for a reason... if
they were "TC"s (for techie computer) it may be different, but personal
computers are for the person to run with average knowledge, not the sort
of technical knowledge suggested in many parts of this newsgroup.

the very fact that MS has to set up a newsgroup for their mail programme
alone, a newsgroup that receives a multitude of messages daily, should be
some indication that the programme should never have been released when
it was!

Steve Cochran

Antivirus and other software vendors paid Dell to load their software on
your machine. Dell didn't bother to test it and no one tested Windows Mail
with the antivirus software. This has been an issue for years. See point 3
here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

And yes, the customer got screwed in the bargain, but MS, Dell, and the
other vendors made lots of $$$$.

steve