Gta 4 Ps3 Big Problem

CSB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a UK PS3, was playing GTA 4 the other day, it installed over 3GB of the game Data on the HDD, Played the game, saved it after your shown to Romans room etc and Roman goes off to take the Cab back at the very begining of the game, Decided to turn off the game after it had fully saved via the PS button and quit as normal, took out the Disc, and turned off the console to watch some TV

Well, I turn it back on about an hour later to carry on my GTA 4 game, and it just started a new go from the begining intro, I first thought maybe Auto load was disabled but checked it and it wasn't, plus my saves were gone

I turned off the game again and took the Disc out, went into my consoles HDD saves area and it was saying No saves were there, and also the Games initail 3GB installation was not showing but it must be there as when I put the game back on it doesn't need to install the 3GB again

I am currently on my second system as the first one was making a rattling noise inside the optical drive and had other minor problems, my brothers have a PS3 and there's works fine, I even borrowed it for a while before getting my own and I had No problem with there's, I thought what a fantastic unit the PS3 is :D

Well I've also tried to connect to the internet on my PS3, and download the latest system update but it keeps saying it can't connect even though all the settings are right, so last night I went directly to the web address given in the consoles guide to download the update and I burned it to a CD-R Disc, put in in the console and it just said there was no data on it for the console to use :confused:

I am very surprised that the PS3 is having so many problems, I have built my own high spec PC'S in the past so no one can call me an idiot, I have truly exhausted all advice given by Sony's manual and online guide but the console just isn't interested :wall:

I hope some ppl have had some success?, and if so, what worked?

Has anyone else had this problem??? or similar with other games???

Thanks all in advance

Rob

Reaction score
Try putting it on a usb? thats what i do when i need to update the ps3. You put it in a folder called 'PS3' and within that folder put another folder called 'UPDATE' and then the actual update. It needs to be caps, i dont kno why but it dont work if it not.

Maybe you should send it back to sony if you cant get the update to work, so that they can send you a new one?

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the Advice fazda666

Will try the USB route

Will let you know what happens when I can

CSB

Reaction score
The Firmware update worked fine, but the console is still loseing all game saves, still keeps saying there is no saved Data :wall:

I'm getting fed up of it, will get a replacement, but if the 3rd one is defective I'm leaving the console behind for a while untill I hear better reports about SONY

Must have been all the rush to get them out for release date maybe

Thanks again

Rob

Ask a Question