Good News Confirmed For Halo / FS 2004 vNvidia FX'ers

Jimmy S.

Using version 52.16 of the nVidia drivers brings the following results:

Performance in the DirectX 9.0 application HaloPC improves by up to 58%
and DirectX 9.0-based Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 improves by 33%
according to Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_9304.html
(The link to the driver is on the left side of that page under Relevant Links)

This is good news for many players out there. Hope to have more soon! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Chris C

Hi, Jimmy, I've not noticed any changes with these new drivers, my FX5600
still gives poorer performance than my Ti4200.....
Chris

Jimmy S.

Hi Chris,

I only got a small improvement on my Ti4200, nowhere near
58% myself, however another FX owner claims he got much
better frame rates with his card, while you're the second one
to tell me the frame rate didn't improve. Film at 11 I suppose...

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hi, Jimmy, I've not noticed any changes with these new drivers, my FX5600
| still gives poorer performance than my Ti4200.....
| Chris
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Using version 52.16 of the nVidia drivers brings the following results:
| >
| > Performance in the DirectX 9.0 application HaloPC improves by up to 58%
| > and DirectX 9.0-based Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 improves by 33%
| > according to Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_9304.html
| > (The link to the driver is on the left side of that page under Relevant
| Links)
| >
| > This is good news for many players out there. Hope to have more soon! :)
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

EGMcCann

Given the latest driver mentions problems with a few Blizzard games (which I
play more than the HALO demo,anyway,) I'll hold off 'til the next one...

Jimmy S.

I hear ya brother. It's becoming more important now
than ever to read the release notes as Chris H pointed out.