Warning! Catalyst 3.8's May Be Dangerous

Jimmy S.

Hi,

You know I don't like jumping on bandwagons, but if this article:
http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4820
is true, then there might be major risks involved if you use the 3.8 drivers.

If you want to downgrade to the 3.7 drivers here are the download locations:
XP/2000: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-7-93-030812a1-010735c-efg.exe
Win 98/Me: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wme-7-93-030812a1-010735c-efg.exe

I will not be recommending the 3.8 Catalyst drivers until I get more information.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Jimmy S.

I'm glad it's unfounded. When I posted that Terry Makedon, Senior
Software Manager at ATI stated that they were investigating the claim,
and that as far as they knew only one beta tester was affected. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.