Going 2 B offline :(

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Latest piccy up for view :D
The photo's slightly skewed, but I used it since it was the least washed out one I've managed to get so far. It's still washed the greens a bit but is much closer to the real colours :nod: :D
So have a look & lemme know what ya think :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome so don't be afraid to be honest.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
that was quick ...

So have a look & lemme know what ya think
Hmmm,

I'd like to get a little closer, I would like to see it fron an angle, I would like to see what it looks like in more natural light, I'd like to ......

:D

Hell, Damn good I think, spiffing. :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:D:D:D Thank you mucks :)

Tends to look a bit linear... one dimensional even... from an angle though :rolleyes:
:lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, here it is at last :)
What you've all been waiting for :lol:
*Drumroll*
The finished painting :)
It's called "After the Storm"
I forgot to put the title up on the site when i posted it :blush:

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
'tis most lovely, cirianz, ~ am especially liking leaf strokes on right w/raindrops, and total overall colors of painting :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you Darcy :)
Yes that was the area I was putting off :nod:
But it didn't turn out too bad.
There's also some water on & dripping off the fern leaves, but they don't show on the posted version. Not on my Lappy anyway. It might look better on a proper monitor.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Bloody marvalious ... I would like a copy when it goes for prints. :thumb:

Don't go painting Ships, or John may retire from painting. :D

user.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank You mucks :blush: :)
I'm thinking of putting it on the Deviant Art site as available for prints.
They do the prints & send them out etc & take a commission.
sounds like a good idea. Couldn't afford to get prints made myself, you gotta pay up front for a bulk order.
So I thought I might give this a go.
I'll let you know if I do :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Thank You mucks :blush: :)
I'm thinking of putting it on the Deviant Art site as available for prints.
They do the prints & send them out etc & take a commission.
sounds like a good idea. Couldn't afford to get prints made myself, you gotta pay up front for a bulk order.
So I thought I might give this a go.
I'll let you know if I do :)
Oh yes!! ... only do a short run and book me down for #1 ... should be worth a few bob later. :D

Who is the original for ... client, customer, private collector, gallery??? :thumb:

user.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Planning on putting it up for sale in a Dunedin Gallery. They've been interested in having some of my work. But thought I'd take it (& the beach picture... I was planning on doing a mountain one & selling the beach - forest - mountain as a tripple. But with the wedding to pay for I'll have to put them up seperately i think) Around a few of the galleries & see what they've got to say first :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, yes, "making a living" ... forgot about that.
wallbash.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Good luck ... :thumb:

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Thank you Darcy :)
Yes that was the area I was putting off
nod.gif

But it didn't turn out too bad.
There's also some water on & dripping off the fern leaves, but they don't show on the posted version. Not on my Lappy anyway. It might look better on a proper monitor.
u are most welcome :)
i, too, cannot view drops on fern leaves : ( ~ am on lappie myself :)

best o' luck w/galleries :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ah, yes, "making a living" ... forgot about that.
wallbash.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Good luck ... :thumb:

Yeah. It's hard to say just where the 'selling' aspect fits into the whole artist thing.
Apparently I'm a proper artist :rolleyes: now that people are buying my paintings... but I'm not doing anything different from what I've always done & it still always surprises me when people want to pay money for my paintings.

For John, on the other hand, selling his paintings is an essential part of his artwork. A big part of what motivates him & provides him with inspiration & when he doesn't sell anything for a while he gets quite depressed about it & sometimes will stop painting for months on end. I'm trying to convince him to open a Deviant art site at the moment so he can get that feedback even when he's not selling.

I also reckon he needs to be putting his stuff up overseas. Especially in Britain. The paintings he loves doing the most are the historical marine pictures & there just isn't any market for it here. But over there Marine art is a genre of it's own with a very large following, & he is very gifted & much better than many well known Marine artists in Britain. I don't think he would have any trouble selling his stuff there... but the money needed to transport his work & set up an exhibition over there are impossible. Even just sending his stuff over to a gallery in Britain is out of our wallets.

For me, I might have another commission. A friend is thinking about getting a portrait of her cat done. I'll be doing it cheap, because she is a friend & not well off, but pet portraits are always the hardest to do & take the longest. The dog on my website was the hardest painting I've ever done & took over three months continuous work (I only work on one painting at a time). Because a pet is not anonymous. The people buying it love the animal & know it intimately & it is essential to capture the things that make it not just 'any cat/dog' but convey it's personality. & again I've not met the animal. So, in a way I dread doing the picture, but in another way they can also be the most rewarding of pictures. The people who recieved the dog (it was commissioned as a gift) Cried when they got it & still send me occassional thank you messages. When something I paint can move someone like that... it is indescribable, & still seems so hard to believe.

I just love painting & would love to be able to sell enough to be able to just paint... but then I suppose that's every artists dream :rolleyes:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
darcy said:
u are most welcome :)
i, too, cannot view drops on fern leaves : ( ~ am on lappie myself :)

best o' luck w/galleries :)

Thanks darcy :) Got my fingers crossed. Got to get the painting framed first though & that's a major financial bite :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I don't think I ever did tell you that I went along & checked out your web site by the way :blush:
Was a bit of a bad time for me here I'm afraid, but nevertheless it was very rude of me :blush: & I'm very sorry.
I just popped back for a quick memory refresh & I especialy love the picture of the fish :nod:
I love snorkeling & would so love to be able to photograph what I see underwater :D
I especially love to anchor myself amoungst the kelp, letting the water wash me around with it until the fish get used to me & swim all around :nod: I always take a second dive knife though. John got caught in the kelp underwater once & dropped his knife while cutting himself free. He was remarkably lucky to be able to detach the kelp from the rock by hand. By all the rules of probability he should've drowned. It was definitely a lesson well learned.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, if anyone's up for it, I just started a new painting over at Deviant Art :nod:
Mostly just pure fun this one. No actual specific landscape, rather I'm concocting one from a bunch of twigs & stuff that I've collected. I pick up bits & pieces all the time for use in future paintings, drives John potty I think. I've got boxes & bags of stuff on top of my wardrobe :rolleyes:
So this piccy I'm just making up as I go along... can't wait to see where it ends up :nod:

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh, a Canadian theme ... well, it looks like a maple leaf to me. :D

now, this I really like ...

nod.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
John says it's a London Plane tree leaf & the long leaves are eucalypts & the primroses & daisys are from my garden :)
mostly I'm just having fun :nod:

Ask a Question