Going 2 B offline :(

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I'm going to be painting again for the next few weeks & I have to close my computer to do that so my returns will be low sorry :(
I will still be crunching whenever I can though so hopefully there will be some units trickling through :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem Ciri - your contributions are always appreciated :nod:

Are we going to see the results of your painting?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The mind conjures up visions of Ciri having to shut the lid down 'cos copious amount of paint is going to fly.

laughingsmiley.gif

We all will be keeping a close eye on progress of "The Painting" ... :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
LOL, yeah, a technicolour computer :nod: Better than white.

The painting is currently at the hair tearing stage... & John is getting sick & tired of posing nuddy in the living room...
I havent told him I'm painting a fern yet ;) :nod:
:lol:

I'm currently taking a quick break because if i have to paint another fern leaf I'll scream. I've not figured something out yet because they keep looking awfully cartoony... :confused: I'm thinking of giving up on detail & going abstract :rolleyes:
Whoops... threw all my toys out the cot :blush:

Time for a cuppa I think then back to work :wall: ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll definitely have to exhibit some of your work here :D

Don't worry about the crunching returns, everyone has downtime at some point :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:) Thanks.

Time to get back to painting now. Play with the paint some more & see if I can figure out what's missing :rolleyes:

*big breath* "once more into the fray dear friends... once more into the fray.... " ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The painting is currently at the hair tearing stage... & John is getting sick & tired of posing nuddy in the living room...
I havent told him I'm painting a fern yet ;)
nod.gif

Lol......Ha ha ...:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
We all will be keeping a close eye on progress of "The Painting" ... :D

:lol: Well you did ask for it :lol:

If you want to check up on the progress of "The Painting" I have just posted the first photo today over at Deviant Art

http://cirianz.deviantart.com/

I'm feeling curious so will continue to put up piccys as the painting 'grows' but that is what I've done so far.
Sorry for the lack of quality, even as a png it just ate so much detail it was almost as bad as a giff :(
But still, thought I'd give this a go anyway :nod:
You'll get to see some of the results of all that hair-tearing :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I don't need to look ... I know she's good. :)

... hang on, just a kwi peek then.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, next buncha piccys is up. A bit of a mess unfortunately but I'm not panicing yet.
I usually find that i learn the most from figuring out how to fix the mistakes i make... & boy is this going to be a learning experience :nod: :lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:D Well, next installment of piccys is up. I fixed up the... mess & have finished off the leaf litter in that area. Not actually especially happy with it yet, looks very cartoony to me still, & seeing the closeups makes it more so, & makes me wish that i could paint the picture at that sort of enlargement, might start looking a bit more realistic when shrunk back down to real size afterwards..
The one big advantage of pixel art I suppose, you can do your work at 800% actual size :p

I will probably play around with it a bit more later since it's still niggling at me, but for now I will move on for a bit & have made a start on some of the wee baby ferns growing on the rocks.

For interests sake, this picture (minus a bit of artistic licence of course) is of a collection of rocks etc that we can see out of our kitchen window :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I don't believe this. The dog ate my paintbrush :(

The DOG

ATE

my

paintbrush.

I'm wavering between killing her & crying.

Will go in tomorrow & see if I can buy another one

but I've only seen that brand the once

& with the fine brushes I usually have to buy between 4-6 brushes before I find one that won't split when i use it. So I'm a bit sad at the moment :(

Don't worry, I'll get over it.
Just down at the moment.

muckshifter

Reaction score
... I'm wavering between killing her & crying.
Do the crying bit, save the dog. ;)

Don't you just hate lousy critics. :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:lol: ROTFL :lol:

Thank you mucks :D I needed that :D

The dog seems to have survived the experience reasonably well.

She's lying curled up under my desk in a nest of splinters & looking cute.

Quite unfair of her really ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, next piccy posted. Not quite a sharp as it could've been sorry, I took dozens of photos but was having a bit more trouble with camera shake than usual. But it's clear enough to make out the different parts of the piccy & see where I'm up to :D

Am having fun at the moment trying to paint without bending my neck. I'm glad I'm not my own Doctor as I'm sure that i should drive myself insane :confused:
:lol:

& mucks, thanks :) The dog has survived well & I was able to replace my paintbrush yesturday :)

Reaction score
I dunno, Ciri...maybe the doggie fancies herself an artist as well, and just has to work on expressing herself. ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, maybe so. Didn't pictures painted by Elephants become trendy a few years ago? Who knows, this may be the next biggest thing :nod:

In the meantime, the next installment of the continuing saga of my painting has been uploaded for any who are interested to see :) This section was pretty fiddly with trying to paint around the fern leaves, especially when trying to texture the rock, but over all not really much more fiddly than painting the leaves themselves in the first place. I know most people hate it, but i just love painting rocks. All the different textures & colours :nod: Hopefully soon I'll be able to get a piccy that doesn't wash out the colours so much. I love trying to catch the impression that if you just reached out & touched it you could feel the different textures of the rocks. These rocks are very wet & slippery & covered in algae so that's what I'm aiming for, although Tomo tells me they actually look more like theyre underwater than anything :lol: Oh well, can't have everything I suppose :D

Ask a Question