Crunching decision

Reaction score
Hi all I have come to the conclusion that I will probably (not 100%) be retiring from crunching in the new year.

I have already sold my servers. But have several other machines running. I will end up selling those on as well, maybe even giving them away..

I've been crunching for quite a while now although I had a 18month, 2 year gap a while ago I think now it's time to hang my hat so to speak.

As mentioned I'm not 100% sure yet but it will help decrease my electricity bill quite a lot. Money is scarce at present :( Lets see how I feel over the next couple of weeks

Reaction score
Never a good thing to see a cruncher drop off, but it's certainly an understandable decision. I had to drop off myself for a while, and just (5 minutes ago) finished installing WCG again and starting it up. Be nice if you could get breaks on the electricity bills if you were doing things like this, but I don't see that happening ever...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TD ... don't put yourself down, you have done a great service.

We salute you. :bow:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about it TD.

You have made an enormous contribution and can feel proud of yourself even if you never crunch another point.

Do what YOU feel is right. There will be no criticism from anyone here.

:bow:

Reaction score
TD we all do what we can & you have done a great job so dont feel bad.
You will & always will be someone who has crunched so keep your head up high.
Always tricky when you give up as you might think you are letting folks down, you are not.

Good luck TD.:bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You've done a heck of a job with crunching TD, don't feel bad - you've given a lot of computing power to the project (nearly 37 years worth!!!) :).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You have made a brilliant contribution TXD! As Ian points out, nearly 37 years worth of crunched units has made a very significant difference to the causes you crunch for. Jolly well done matey! :cheers:

Reaction score
Thanks peeps. Its hard to let go after so long, I feel hesitant but may not have a choice

Thanks for all your kind words :)

Reaction score
And just remember TD ALL CRUNCHERS new, old & retired all do their bit for the team.
So dont forget you are always welcome in the Crunchers Corner & on the daily stats!:thumb:

Reaction score
Its mad almost like an addiction. First thing I do in morning is turn PC on goto kitchen fill kettle then come back to computer and check stats before I do anything else. Crazy

Ask a Question