Flops' Friday mini blog

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the concern ladies, hands healed over now but chest and knee still ache. How come when you're young and you fall you just bounce but when a certain age is reached the slightest tap feels like a major accident? It no fair, lol

Now then, yet another post in this here blog, just like most bus services, none arrive for ages then three come at once.

11 days ago my daughter Lucy passed her motor cycle test. I don't know what possessed her to want to ride a bike but I suppose a motorised two wheel purchase will be on the cards next. Lucy is a paramedic and is a good driver. She drives ambulances with sirens wailing and driving on the wrong side of the road in a hurry.

She assures me she's well aware of the pitfalls of motor bike riding and I've warned her to watch out for drivers of 4-wheeled vehicles pulling out in front of her and that some of them were last in the queue when brains were being handed out. I've also advised her to take advanced motor cycle riding test in a year or two, cheaper insurance is just one advantage.

I am well chuffed and all three of me offspring have given me reason to be proud, here's a pic of Lucy on a motor sickle:

LucyBike.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Congratulations to Lucy! Sounds like she knows what she's doing, but rather her than me ;)

Reaction score
I hope you are OK after your accident Mr Flops Just caught up with PCR after being in Maidstone Hostpital Tuesday and Thursday. Well done Lucy for passing her motorcycle driving test, I had great fun when I was her age with motorcycling.

Reaction score
Not ALL 4x4 drivers are idiots, you get them in all makes of cars, motorbikes & cyclists!
Well done Lucy on passing her bike test & the IAM Motorbike test would do her well.
As we are mentioning cyclists why dont they have insurance or take a test before being allowed on the road????

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not ALL 4x4 drivers are idiots, you get them in all makes of cars, motorbikes & cyclists!
Well done Lucy on passing her bike test & the IAM Motorbike test would do her well.
As we are mentioning cyclists why dont they have insurance or take a test before being allowed on the road????

Who mentioned 4 x 4 drivers? Guilty by association there Mr Feckit - ha! :D

And again, who mentioned cyclists? So you're a bicycle critic are you Sir F? I'm surprised you didn't point out they don't have to pay any vehicle excise tax either.

So when I ride my bike (since around 1961) I don't have to have insurance, a test pass certificate or even a crash helmet. Hah ha and ner ner :p

Reaction score
Yup ALL cyclists should have to take a test, have insurance and wear a helmet.
Whats the difference for riding at 30mph for a motorbike or a cyclist if your head hits the tarmac!!

As for hah ha ner ner I ner ner you back!:p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not ALL 4x4 drivers are idiots,

99.999% is close enough. :p

So you're a bicycle critic are you Sir F

Sounds like a Tory idea to me :lol:

Missed your fall story flops glad to hear you are nearly mended. Hope your fine lass gets kit with the safety pads at ankles knees back elbows etc etc. Seems like a sound idea if she will be riding in lots of heavy traffic. :cool:

Reaction score
I dont hate all cyclists, just those that drive through red lights or pass up the inside of vehicles that are turning left!!

Even I own a bike and use it every now & then and I passed my cycling proficiency as a child!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Cyclists who refuse to use the cycleways get my goat. We have quite a lot of them round here but there are still cyclists who will not use them. They then cause havoc on narrow sections of road and at junctions. They tend to think of themselves as "proper" cyclists and are usually found in lycra and on expensive racing bikes. :mad:

I always use the cycleways, and sometimes the pavement. Much safer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gott ein himmel! Mein blog turns to road rage! Nein, nein!

What is it about using our fair highways that brings out the Neanderthal in peeps? kinell

Anyhow, on the subject of vehicular transport:

For some time now there has been a local event held every last Thursday of the month in the Greenwich Market Square named 'Parkit In The Market' whereby classic car and motor cycle owners display their vehicles, DJ's spin classic vinyl and a band plays. It hasn't been held for around 6 months as a new roof was being fitted but last Thursday it made a return.

I had a very enjoyable evening, here's just a few of the snaps I took, all of an E-Type. I like E-Types but I don't suppose I'll ever own one.

etype001.jpg
etype002.jpg
etype003.jpg
etype004.jpg
etype005.jpg

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
That '69 E type is beautiful. And could be worth a good bit of £££'s in the right condition. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That is a beast of an engine :thumb: I would have loved one of those but had to settle for a 2 Ltr V4 Capri. An I always wanted a Corvet Stingray. Would find it very difficult to get in and out of said beasts these days :lol:

Reaction score
A mate used to have a replica E-Type a few years ago and it was a great car.
Seems to buy them, drive them, do them up and sell for a tidy profit.
Currently only owns 5 cars including an MGB & Merc 180 auto

Nice photos as ever Tony.

And whilst i'm in a moaning mode, internet off for 36hrs due to someone decided to nick some copper cabling from local exchange which knocked out about 5,000 BT users and everyone else!! Exchange up & running now!

Very foggy today, so it's listening to TMS, do miss Blowers on it though and CMJ.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Never heard of that before (band or album) so I've just been having a listen on YouTube. It's awesome! :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never heard of that before (band or album) so I've just been having a listen on YouTube. It's awesome! :thumb:

Good-o :)

I think my favourite LP of theirs is Strangeitude. I've seen them twice, once at Glastonbury Festival either '03 or '98 and once in early nineties in the crypt of St Pauls Church in Deptford, locally. That was a good venue in its time.

Here's a track from Strangeitude:

Ask a Question