Flops' Friday mini blog

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You'll never be short of somewhere to chop up yer fruit for the NutriBullett then. :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nice! Don't think I've ever seen a grey vinyl before, are they quite rare?

Reaction score
I have lumionos LP from the old days, might have been from early heavy metal?
Nice photos as ever FBS.:cheers:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
View from the balcony today at 17:12, sometimes it does look kinda nice. DLR tracks lower left of pic

631.jpg

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That is a beautiful sunset Flopps. It does make the old town look pretty magical. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Gorgeous shot! Funny to think it was taken in central London - it looks so serene!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yesterday I visited the dental department at Guys Hospital for what may be the last time. They gave me a clean and polish and advice. I now have a set of dentures and the good dentistry folk tell me there's nothing more they can do for me.

They may opt to see me once every 6 months or twelve months or they may discharge me. I still can't get on with eating with these gnashers but they're comfortable enough to wear.

Whilst the Guys dental care people have been good I haven't had an appointment with the ENT Dept to see an oncologist since March last year. Considering my consultant wanted me to have a check every two months following surgery in 2012 this really isn't a very good show.

I'm aware I haven't had an appointment and I could have contacted them and requested one but to be honest sometimes I get a little ostrich-like and don't want to visit, going there always scares the bejayzuz outta me and I'm filled with anxiety days before I'm due to visit. What if they find something nasty? Eek! Life over, most probs :D I mean, only option should cancer return is surgery.

Hummph! I shouldn't even think about it, lol, I will contact them in March I think, which incidentally will make it ten years since I was first diagnosed and I'm still here, annoying people and generally winding everybody up (I hope).

I'm working tomorrow morning, the reception area and two rooms on the second floor are saying they can't hear the microphone announcements and the speakers don't work. I suspect student vandalism or teachers disconnecting the speakers themselves. I've been working at that site since mid '85 - scary eh?

Today I wandered around Soho and it's surrounding environs with a view to buying some vinyl, visited three shops but only bought just the one LP, White Zombie's Astro Creep 2000. I was sent this album as a CD promo when it was released, in '99 I think, and it's long been a favourite of mine. I did go with the specific intention of buying Leftfield's Leftism on vinyl but everywhere was sold out.

I did notice since vinyl has become popular that prices have risen. Oasis' What's The Story has been £20 for years, now it's £25. The CD, however, is around £8. I recall when pricing was the other way round, funny how things change.

I passed a shop named Gosh! in Berwick Street and bought another Asterisk figure for my small collection, Gettafix The Druid.

Whenever I walk around central London a million memories come flooding back, I spent so much time here when I was young, both working and playing. I can remember (cue violins) it seemed back then I had the world at my feet and could accomplish anything. But I don't recall anybody telling me to start walking, lol

Some pix:

White Zombie:

745.jpg

Gettafix:

729.jpg

735.jpg

736.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice photos FBS.

I thought recently I would need the ENT of the local hospital with a serious viral ear infection.
NHS Direct 111 were useless and told me to take pain killers and see my gp on the Monday, this was Saturday. The pain made me cry out even on using the max amount of pain killers, Monday could not come soon enough!

Saw gp who was well on the ball, 2nd opinion from a colleague and he diagnosed a serious viral ear infection in both ears, Antibiotic tablets and ear drops and hopefully all cleared up & apologised for the 111 service i got.

It had affected my hearing but in the last few days everything is slowly coming back to normal.
I did get worried as thought my vast cd collection and listening to TMS was on the way out!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It is a little bit naughty of the ENT Department to overlook your follow-up appointments. Though I get the impression that ENT is one of the busiest venues, because waiting times are very long here too. They seem to be on a par with Podiatry, which also takes an age... one extremity to the other, as ya might say! Shortage of staff appears to be the usual excuse.

Glad to hear you are finding your new gnashers comfortable, and hope that given time, you'll find eating with them to be a bit easier. I expect it needs a bit of practice to get used to new mouth furniture, so wishing you all the best with that. I'm sure you'll master it in time.

Aww, I like the figurines Sir Flopps! Very cute characters, which I must confess, I hadn't heard of before. Tsk! I can be such an ignoramus! ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Life goes on and on and on does it not?

Today was Valentines Day and it was also my eldest's 29th birthday. Frightening.

Eldest daughter-san Faye and twin girl Sophie with her boyfriend Dan visited me today (other twin girl Lucy was still at a friends' house having stayed overnight) and Dan took a few pix on his mobile phone. So here's me with Faye on left of pic, Sophie on right. I wasn't really angry or grumpy, I was just acting the fool.

Faye_Me_Sophie.jpg

I finally got paid for some work I done at the beginning of last August - the bigger the firm the slower they are to pay - so I have decided to upgrade main machine to a Skylake jobbie. Board, CPU, RAM, cooler are in case, tomorrow morning I'll start transferring PSU & drives. I intend to reinstall Win 7 then change to Win 10. Should be interesting, if nothing else.

Full thread on build soon come.

I know it's a bit late in the day but I've definitely decided The Witcher III is game of the year for me for 2015, much better than Fallout 4 and Mad Max, I can't stop playing The Witcher III, got it half price from GoG (Good Old Games) but it crops up for same price on Steam.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a great photo! :thumb:

I'm glad to hear you finally got paid for your work - it's shocking that companies can drag their heels like that. Looking forward to hearing about your upgrade :)

Ask a Question