Firefox 1.0

DILIP

I've been trying for the past 2 hours and the site refuses to load. So the
FF campaign paid off after all - They deserved it.

MiniMe

Hi,

I already have a version of FireFox on my system, can I just update it or do
I have to uninstall what I have and install this version?

Thanks for any help.
MiniMe

Terry

On 11/9/2004 9:22 AM On a whim, MiniMe pounded out on the keyboard
Hi,

I already have a version of FireFox on my system, can I just update it or do
I have to uninstall what I have and install this version?

Thanks for any help.
MiniMe

Uninstall and then install the new version. Your bookmarks will be safe
in your user profile which doesn't get deleted when you uninstall.

--
Terry

***Reply Note***

Joel Rubin

I've been trying for the past 2 hours and the site refuses to load. So the
FF campaign paid off after all - They deserved it.

Try the ftp server. They have a bunch of mirrors around the world and
they use DNS round robin'ing to spread the load. (Joe asks
mozilla.org's DNS server where ftp.mozilla.org is and he's given an
Oregon, U.S. location; Mary asks 5 minutes later and is told it's in
New South Wales, Australia. Your ISP's DNS server may save the answer
from one query.)

I hope this path is accurate; one space before and after "Setup".

"ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0/win32/en-US/Firefox
Setup 1.0.exe"

DILIP

I don't choose browsers on the basis of security. I run behind ZA free on a
dynamic IP. There are usability, compatibility factors and speed, that make
me choose FF over any other browser. It renders webpages faster than
anything I've seen - since I'm on dial-up it does make a difference. It
supports tabbed browsing and those exciting extensions that enthusiasts keep
developing. And it renders them right, unlike Opera. These are the things
that draw me towards a browser - Security is not an issue here and I don't
need that nagging Security Center and its service either. As for pop-up and
adware blockers, I remain faithful to AdMuncher - Cross platform, cross
browsers, Messengers, Download Managers everything is effectively blocked by
this 177kb tool.

CZ

I don't choose browsers on the basis of security. I run behind ZA freedynamic IP.

DILIP:

Some Web site security issues that ZA free cannot control:

Java
Scripting
ActiveX controls
Install on Demand