fire wall enabled

When I try to enable the firewall I receive the following: An error occured while Internet connection sharing was being enabled. The dependency service or group failed to start. Please advise.

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

See 329441 You Cannot Create a Network Connection After You Restore Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329441

Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

michelle said:
When I try to enable the firewall I receive the following: An error
occured while Internet connection sharing was being enabled. The dependency
service or group failed to start. Please advise.

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Michelle,

Please see the following:

827328 "Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet
Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827328

To resolve this issue, make sure that all dependant services have been
started. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", and then click "Help and Support".

2. Under "Pick a Task", click "Use Tools to view your computer
information and diagnose problems".

3. In the "Tools" area, click" System Configuration Utility".

4. In the right pane, click "Open System Configuration Utility". This
opens the System Configuration Utility.

5. Click the "Services" tab.

6. Make sure all the following services are turned on.
To turn on a service, click to select the check box.

- Application Layer Gateway Service
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness (NLA)
- Plug and Play
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Telephony

7. Click "OK", and then click "Restart".

8. After Windows restarts, rerun the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE