Everytime i start a program I get this weird box

G

Hi every time i start a program (internet explorer , aim) i get this box that pops up
it says this: Please wait while microsoft configures microsoft office xp professional. Then after a second it opens up a second one saying Micro Soft off XP Professional: The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the MicroSoft Office XP Professional disk and click ok.
Then it says on the bottom of that box it says Use feature from: Microsoft Office XP professional. Then in a tab near it says browse.When i hit browse its looking for a file called PRORET its a .msi(installation package).

R

Rich Barry

Skot, do you have WinXP Office Pro and did you insert the CD when it ask
to do so?
Skot Savastano said:
Hi every time i start a program (internet explorer , aim) i get this box that pops up.
it says this: Please wait while microsoft configures microsoft office xp
professional. Then after a second it opens up a second one saying Micro Soft
off XP Professional: The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the MicroSoft Office XP
Professional disk and click ok.
Then it says on the bottom of that box it says Use feature from: Microsoft
Office XP professional. Then in a tab near it says browse.When i hit browse
its looking for a file called PRORET its a .msi(installation package).

N

NobodyMan

Hi every time i start a program (internet explorer , aim) i get this box that pops up.
it says this: Please wait while microsoft configures microsoft office xp professional. Then after a second it opens up a second one saying Micro Soft off XP Professional: The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the MicroSoft Office XP Professional disk and click ok.
Then it says on the bottom of that box it says Use feature from: Microsoft Office XP professional. Then in a tab near it says browse.When i hit browse its looking for a file called PRORET its a .msi(installation package).

Here's a novel idea: do what you are being asked to do and insert the
CD. What a novel idea, following directions.

K

Kelly

When you installed Office, did you disable the Assistant? If so, you will
have to use the Classic Search option for IE. Other than that, run the
edits on lines 171 (right hand side) and 286 (right hand side).

professional. Then after a second it opens up a second one saying Micro Soft
off XP Professional: The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the MicroSoft Office XP
Professional disk and click ok.Microsoft Office XP professional. Then in a tab near it says browse.When i
hit browse its looking for a file called PRORET its a .msi(installation
package).

Ask a Question