enabling javascript

I keep going to a site that tells me that to view I have to enable javascript.
but if I go to tool,internet options,security,internet,custom level,active
scripting it is checked enable.
what can I do?

Don Varnau

Hi,
Some steps to try.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Check your firewall or other third-party security programs to see if one of
them is blocking scripts, scripting, active content. A number of programs
can be configured to block scripts.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Re-registering the DLLs listed in this article may help:
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

I have cleared cache, my firewall isn't blocking scripts I already checked
that, don't really understand the rest of what you said.what does the
commands do?

vseawitch said:
I keep going to a site that tells me that to view I have to enable javascript.
but if I go to tool,internet options,security,internet,custom level,active
scripting it is checked enable.
what can I do?

Don Varnau

Hi,
Additional suggestion: Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set
it to Default.
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]
Reregisters 2 DLLs necessary for IE to run Javascript.
Reinstalls Windows Script 5.6. Reinstalls files necessary to run Javascript.
Thie reregisters other DLLs- a repair (of sorts) of IE. Scroll down to the
"Resolution" section.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Don Varnau said:
[...]

If I type those commands, my computer won't go into dos mode or crash will it
?I've never really tried anything like this by myself before

"vseawitch" <vseawitch[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I keep going to a site that tells me that to view I have to enable
javascript.
but if I go to tool,internet options,security,internet,custom level,active
scripting it is checked enable.
what can I do?

Don Varnau

Hi,
The worst that could happen is that the registration will fail and the
javascript situation will remain the same.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

:
[...]

I did it,I ran the command it said it succeded but it still doesn't work on
candystand?