downloading "Blaster Worm tool"

Susan

I had the worm virus on Aug.12 and got rid of it by going
back 4 days with System Restore. I was advised to
download the "Blaster Worm" removal tool to be sure of
getting rid of everything. But when I did that and ran
the tool program, it got toward the end of the
downloading and then popped up a window that said "this
program ended suddenly, and do you want to tell Microsoft
about this?" So I don't know if it worked or not. It
downloads for close to 10 minutes, going through every
file, and then just before it finishes, it pops up this
message. Has anyone had this problem. Did the "tool"
work? How do you know?

Thanks,
Susan

Mike Woolley

Hi Susan,

Run through the checks in this link to verify:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.htm

good luck!

Mike