Do you Cook/Bake?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Mum style.

Kas su ema oli eestlane?

One of my Estonian favourite is mulgikapsad. So simple and so good.

South_Estonian_language_area.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
mulgikapsad is neat dish.

Pops was from Riga. An mum's family were from Elva. I have relatives in Elva, Parnu and Pskov. They were both displaced persons after WW11 and did not really talk a great deal about their past in any great detail. I know that they had a hard time though.
Past is past. Shame humans do not learn from it.

:cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
If any of the above remain they will be my staple diet when I come out of hospital in a couple of weeks time.
I'm sorry to hear you're in hospital AB, and wish you a speedy return to better health. Also hope there will be plenty of those delicious-looking meatballs (Mum-style) waiting for you! Guaranteed to help the recovery I would think. :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you're in hospital AB, and wish you a speedy return to better health. Also hope there will be plenty of those delicious-looking meatballs (Mum-style) waiting for you! Guaranteed to help the recovery I would think. :nod:

Not in hospital yet, though I had a pre-op assessment today at the hospital. Surprisingly I seem to be in good shape apart from the busted collar bone.
Will be on the table on the 6 th Nov.
At present out of the 33 rissoles 18 made it to the freezer and 6 are still in, make that 5, the fridge for tonight. :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Not in hospital yet, though I had a pre-op assessment today at the hospital. Surprisingly I seem to be in good shape apart from the busted collar bone.
Will be on the table on the 6 th Nov.
Oops! Sorry for being a bit premature, but here's wishing you all the very best on the 6th! :nod:
At present out of the 33 rissoles 18 made it to the freezer and 6 are still in, make that 5, the fridge for tonight. :lol:
Sounds good to me! :drool: Bon appétit!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
How does one obtain said cookies?

All that is required is (minimal) elbow grease :D Here's the recipe (made about 20):

175g oats
100g caster sugar
100g plain flour
100g coconut oil (or butter - but obviously it won't be vegan)
1-2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarb soda mixed with 2 tbsp hot water

Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan). Mix together the oats, sugar and flour. Melt the coconut oil (or butter) and add the golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda / water mix, then add to the dry ingredients and mix into a dough. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on a lined baking tray, spaced out a little to allow for spreading. Bake for about 10 mins until golden, then allow to cool a little before taking them off the trays (as they can be quite soft). Once they're cool enough to eat, dig in!

Most oat cookies don't have enough oats for my tastes, but these were great. When I make them again I'll add raisins because that would work perfectly :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I made more of those cookies today (recipe in the post directly above) but this time I added white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and grated clementine zest. @Ian said they were the best cookies he's ever had! :D

white choc cranberry oat cookies 1.PNG

white choc cranberry oat cookies 2.PNG

OM NOM NOM :drool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
If you want to make them, there's no need to use coconut oil - an equal amount of butter would work fine. I just use coconut oil because Ian is allergic to milk.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks! It tasted pretty darn good too. I've still got another batch of chocolate fudge filling in the freezer, so may have to whip up another one soon :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow! I don't know how I managed to miss these @Becky... but I did!

Both the Easter chocolate bread and the lemon and cardamom buns look so delicious. I'll bet they quickly disappeared! ;) :thumb:

Ask a Question