Do you Cook/Bake?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Mmmmm they look yummy! :drool: I've done something similar with Oreos before, they kinda meld with the brownies.

This is making me hungry, I should probably go and make some lunch!!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I had a go at making sourdough this week! I was going to try making 100% rye sourdough, but I wimped out and did a mix of wheat and rye flour. Pretty pleased with how it turned out!

sourdough loaf.jpg

sourdough sliced.jpg

Thanks @Urmas for the help and encouragement! :thumb:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Nice crust, too! And, looking at those slices, the starter ha spunk from the very beginning.

While in Wimpyland :p : try replacing rye with barley -- the same 60-40 ratio (I spied yer Insta :blush:):

IMG_2164.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
While in Wimpyland :p : try replacing rye with barley -- the same 60-40 ratio (I spied yer Insta :blush:):

Mmmm that looks good! I don't think I've ever seen barley flour for sale here, I'll keep an eye out though :)

The crust is really tasty but I'm going to try for a slightly softer crust next time - it was pretty tough to cut! It was especially bad on the bottom where I had greased and floured the dish, so I might look into getting a proving basket and bake it on my pizza stone.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score

Ask a Question