Dirt Demo Released

Reaction score
Yeah, i let it do whatever it wanted to do...

I dont think thats causing any problems though, as i get a good 10 minutes of play before anything starts going wrong... first the engine sound dies so you can only hear turbo whistle, then the frames drop so it becomes a slideshow. weird

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe worth tryin it without it? I dont use it and have had zero probs, did the sound thing happen in the demo?

Reaction score
V_R said:
Maybe worth tryin it without it? I dont use it and have had zero probs, did the sound thing happen in the demo?

I dont recall the sound thing happening in the demo, no. That seemed to run ace!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats why i wonder if SF has something to do with it, i've read lots of threads on other forums regarding starforce killing games....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
something worth looking into i think...

If i get a fixed EXE for the game, would i need to uninstall the starforce or would all the SF stuff be located in the original EXE?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not sure mate, i never gave it the chance! Check add and remove progs, maybe reinstall the game?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is it listed in Add and Remove?

How far are you, i am about 4 tier from the top at 45%, not done the other stuff yet just career. :)

Awsome game though. :thumb:

EDIT: Just stumbled across this Chris, worth a read? The guys says it fixed a drop in FPS. Might help. :)
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17763179

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm on the 4th Tier, not THAT far in but i'm going well and my points are accumalating nicely :)

Just completed the first truck hillclimb with the freightliner century.

Thanks for the link to the hotfix :) Not entirely sure if it will make any difference, i only have 2Gb RAM but I installed it none the less :)

Its the sound that really annoys me. No engine noise takes the fun out of it!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah, yes i know. I got the Simpson thing see the pic in post 43. Its kinda cool, but a bit slow.

I got 4.5 Million burning a hole in my pocket at the mo, but reckon i'll spend that on the upcoming cars like the Escudo etc... :D

I like the Peugeot 407 (Black 4WD) Same class as the Impreza and Evo but faster!

Do you use the kb or a control pad?

Reaction score
I use the keyboard

Currently trying to beat the world record of 2:32 for Pikes Peak hill climb...

Whats your best time on that? Its time trial in rally world, not career :)

I'm only 10 seconds off the WR and trying my best to beat it. Haring round the track not dropping below 100 is quite something, my fingers dont have time to keep up!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've only played it in career so i dont know off the top of my head, ten seconds is a lot in the world of rally/hill climb. What car you using?

I use the Xbox 360 wired controller. you should invest in one mate, analog triggers for accelerator and brake for the win! It use's USB and has a nice long cable, and it works great with Dirt out of the box. :cool:

I bet you see a good jump in your times. :thumb:

I'll give that hill climb a go later. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cheaper here at Play.com - £17.99 inc postage.

I seem destined not to have an X-Box controller, actually.

I ordered the wired X-Box controller and three other items from Playcom on July 12th. The other three items were delivered but the Gamepad wasn't. I've just received a refund from Play.com.

So I ordered the cordless version from Overclockers, it was faulty, I rma'ed it, no problem, it arrived today. And guess what? This one's faulty as well :mad:

So I phoned them up and they're going to give me a refund.

Is there anywhere in the High Street you can buy the wired version of this controller for use with Windows?

Failing that, I'm gonna get me's another Logitech cordless gamepad, I really do like the one I have already.

Got their Wingman FF joystick (wired) as well, that's good too.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats a shame, i got mine from Amazon direct, just noticed its not in stock from them anymore only the market place sellers. :(

Play has them in stock now though. :)

Maybe get one from Dixons, game or comet etc?

Reaction score
Using the FTO from the hill climb unlimited series.

10 seconds is a lot but trying getting any quicker (using a keyboard anyway) Its quite a good course!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What track is it mate, I've not seen the FTO yet, still playin through the career part, I think its coming up though along with the Escudo Pikes Peak! (The madest car ever! 987 BHP!!!)
bowdown.gif

escudo_1.jpg

Reaction score
Ace!

Its Pikes Peak A

Go to Rally world, then Time Trial, then chance the type to Hill Climb, then select vehicle type "Hill Climb Unlimited"

The FTO is in there its a great car :)

Reaction score
I remember getting hte Escudo Pikes Peak on Gran Turismo 2.

Tuned the V6 to 1900hp :D

It couldn't turn but in a straight line it was INSANE :D:D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I remember getting hte Escudo Pikes Peak on Gran Turismo 2.

Tuned the V6 to 1900hp :D

It couldn't turn but in a straight line it was INSANE :D:D

lol i remember that as well, if you tweaked the gearbox ratios as well it was impossible to beat on the twisty circuits

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Ace!

Its Pikes Peak A

Go to Rally world, then Time Trial, then chance the type to Hill Climb, then select vehicle type "Hill Climb Unlimited"

The FTO is in there its a great car :)
Cool, will give that a go later. :thumb:

Ask a Question