dial up will not detect modem

G

i have just done a clean install of XP, when i try to use the internet connection it will not work. when i check the connection folders, they say device unavailable. i have installed two seperate modems, 1 x internal, and 1 x external. (i disable each one seperately before trying to use the other). each modem is registering as no problems, but dial up will not "pick up" my modem. any ideas? any-one, this is driving me buresque, i've been trying since friday lunch time.

R

roger

Hi silverback,

i have just done a clean install of XP, when i try to use the internet connection it will not work. when i check the connection folders, they say device unavailable. i have installed two seperate modems, 1 x internal, and 1 x external. (i disable each one seperately before trying to use the other). each modem is registering as no problems, but dial up will not "pick up" my modem. any ideas? any-one, this is driving me buresque, i've been trying since friday lunch time.

Have you tried using different drivers for the modems? Maybe going to
the manufacturer's webpage and downloading the latest driver.

Resources for Troubleshooting Modem Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308022

Good luck

Ask a Question