Crysis Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Taken from another forum, save me typing it out and waisting good Crysis time!! :D:thumb:

Editor Hints and Tips

Installing the editor
Firstly, you need to install the editor. This is found at:

Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Sandbox2 Installer

Secondly you need to run the editor, this is not done from in the game. The editor runs as a window. You will find the editor in:

Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32\Editor.exe

Loading in a map
Firstly you need to load in the map, so go to file, open and go to islands (you should alread be in the levels folder, under game), i believe there is only one island you can load named island.cry

This will take a while to load, as its loading all of the map info, but if you havnt edited a map before this loading is hardly anything and is amazing considering the scale of what its loading.

Navigating the map
CryEditor gives you an amazing real time display of whats going on in your map, but imagine the world is in pause until you get in-game. To move around this map use WASD as you would any FPS. Other controls include holding right click and rotating with the mouse to move your view. Scrolling the mouse wheel will zoom in and out. Holding the mouse wheel down and moving the mouse up/down will change your elevation.

Getting in-game
The wonderful thing with cryeditor is the immediate drop-in. This is done with ctrl+g. Be careful you will literally drop in from your view, so if your miles high you will die. Get the view near the ground.

Adding Items
On the right of the screen are your main tools. You should be on Objects, where you will see Entities. This are things you can add to a level. You can drag any of these items into the map, its best to do this near the ground at eye level, otherwise you can have items added below the map. If you cant find an item but know it is on the map then you can always duplicate that item. You can do this by clicking the item in the main window. Make sure you do not have anything on the right tools selected otherwise you cant select items. Then press ctrl+c to duplicate the item.

Moving items
At the top of the screen you should see a pointer selected. The tools next to this dictate move, scale, rotate etc. In order to move anything in the game select the move tool and put your mouse over an item. You should see several axis on which you can control. You can control multiple axis at a time by hovering over the square between two axis. Then simply left click and hold and drag.

That should get you started for now.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The editor is so much fun!!! Check this out. been spawing choppers, tac launchers, sniper rifles and the scopes! :D
Spawn the helicopter and go for a fly, great fun. Just dont go near the battleships!
laughingsmiley.gif

1193515857.jpg

1193515945.jpg

1193515879.jpg

1193515911.jpg

Reaction score
Loving this game, i feel bad for all the people having vista issues!

Playing at Very high all settings, 1600 x 1200, excellent frame rates, weee!

Reaction score
Pitifull Dont know if its cos I aint on viasta or what but the game constantly crashes giving more atifacts I can photograph. Constant freezes making me have to hard reboot my system everytime. Also numerous sound distortion

I cannot play in full screen mode I have to shrink window or I cant see where im going because of the artifacts. Grpahics options are set to a dead low and I mean everything!

If demos are anything to go by I wont be buying this piece of poo at all!!!!

Reaction score
I havn't got full screen enabled, what's it do? Stupid question i know but i thought it was already "full screen"?

Reaction score
island.cry file!!

can anyone please upload a normal island.cry file?
i accidently overwrote the file when i was using the editor =(
anyone please? i wanna play the demo again

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
CrysisNow said:
can anyone please upload a normal island.cry file?
i accidently overwrote the file when i was using the editor =(
anyone please? i wanna play the demo again
Just reinstall it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This was posted on fileplanet...

http://www.fileplanet.com/181939/180...h-Modification

"This is a set of modified CVar files for the Crysis SP demo that lets you get multiple 'DX10 exclusive' features running under the DX9 'High' mode.
Instructions are just to unzip the file into C:\Program\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Config and make sure to overwrite all files, it is also GREATLY recommended that you backup CVarGroups before installing the 'mod'."

Just been playing with this, FPS do take a hit but it does look a little bit nicer. Had to drop the shadow down to medium. :)
Its not true DX10 obviously but it does make it look better.

More info here

Heres some screeny's but they dont do it justice at all. Imagine them at 1680x1050. They were running between 30-40FPS.

1193701875.jpg

1193701895.jpg

1193701914.jpg

Reaction score
ah nice!

are those screenies on xp or vista?

i wonder if it'll make a difference if you're using xp or vista...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Screenies on XP, wouldn't be much point if it was vista would it? If your using Vista then you can do that anyway. In real DX10. ;)

XP has a considerable FPS boost over Vista at the moment it seems, shame! :p
Yes and no from what i've been reading. Seems Vista or rather the NV drivers for vista are getting better with every release. :)

Reaction score
Indeed.

I've just installed the 169.02 drivers, supposedly works well in improving FPS, but doesn't even run the CPY/GFX crysis benchmarks now so don't know lol might have to revert back to previous drivers.

Reaction score
Is it only me thats having problems with this damn demo?

It wnt run properly. Constant crashs and corrupted textures.

From the word go it dont install textures from loading it gives me several errors in the user panel. If it runs I get quarter of teh screen blank while the other 3/4's are a mish mash of corrupted shadows and funky textures. So its getting uninstalled i've had enough of having to reboot my machine after countless MCE's

Attachments

• DSC00013a.jpg
    DSC00013a.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00012a.jpg
    DSC00012a.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 87
Reaction score
Try installing the newest drivers? Fixed some issues for some people.

169.04 - done an awesome job for me so far, increasing my FPS by atleast 10. Loving it! Can't wait for the final optimization driver.

Reaction score
I had to uninstall that driver and go back to my original because that caused even more problems. Farcry crashed and locked up all the time untill i did!

Not impressed!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Which driver are you using now TD, and which one caused the above issues? You could try running Driver cleaner Pro from Guru 3D and then reinstalling your drivers againm see if that helps.

Are you still running SLI? IIRC its not supported as yet so that may have something to do with it?

Reaction score
Cant remember which one it was but I have gone back to XFX's original driver 84. sommat. Everything is fine now. Dunno bout SLI though.

I wont have much of a game running if I dont use SLI I dont think I only have 6800GS cards :(

Ask a Question