Converter for vector images

Henk de Jong

Rod wrote on 14-10-2004 :
Henk, you might be interested in this link:

http://www.isocalc.com/cooltools/cmx-paster.htm

Hi Rod.

Thanks for the link, but that isn't really what I am looking for. I
have
a bunch (more than 300) CMX pictures and I like to convert them to WMF.

I have a legal version of CorelDRAW 9, and before I have to import and
export
those images using CorelDRAW, I hoped to find an easier (freeware) way
of
converting those.

With kind regards,

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Rod

Rod wrote on 14-10-2004 :

snipped some
I have a bunch (more than 300) CMX pictures and I like to convert them to
WMF.
I have a legal version of CorelDRAW 9, and before I have to import and
export those images using CorelDRAW, I hoped to find an easier (freeware)
way of converting those.

I'm only aware of $hareware that can do this. The only batch-converter I
know that handles CMX-files is PictView, but it can't convert to WMF :(
Might be interesting anyway:

http://www.pictview.com/

I'm out of ideas on this one.

Mark R. Blain

Thanks for the link, but that isn't really what I am looking for. I
have a bunch (more than 300) CMX pictures and I like to convert
them to WMF.

I have a legal version of CorelDRAW 9, and before I have to import
and export those images using CorelDRAW, I hoped to find an easier
(freeware) way of converting those.

CorelDraw has an internal scripting language to make that easier. Go
to http://www.oberonplace.com and click "CorelDraw Scripts", then
"CorelDraw 9". The "File Converter" script appears to be a simple way
to batch convert the cmx files quickly. I did not give the direct
link because the rest of the website looks very useful.

(I don't own CorelDraw. The information above was found using Google,
as were all of these related links:)
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Graphics/Image_Editing/CorelDraw/>
<<<<<<

Bebop & Rocksteady

Does anyone know a (freeware) converter for vector images *.CMX to
*.WMF?

Google was not my friend this time... :-(

Sorry I don't know of any free apps

But CorelDraw can do this... (I am assuming you have this since you cave CMX
files in the first place..)

Henk de Jong

Mark said:
CorelDraw has an internal scripting language to make that easier. Go
to http://www.oberonplace.com and click "CorelDraw Scripts", then
"CorelDraw 9". The "File Converter" script appears to be a simple way
to batch convert the cmx files quickly. I did not give the direct
link because the rest of the website looks very useful.

(I don't own CorelDraw. The information above was found using Google,
as were all of these related links:)
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Graphics/Image_Editing/CorelDraw/>
<<<<<<news:corel.graphic_apps.draw-script>

Thanks Mark. This is very, very helpful. I downloaded the script, and
tried to
start it, but it didn't work for now. Maybe I'll ask this is one of the
newsgroups
you mentioned. Thanks.

With kind regards,

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands
(e-mail address removed) (Remove _NO_SPAM_)
'Links to Freeware'
http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/
http://www.linkstofreeware.vze.com/
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/

rocker

Henk wrote: Does anyone know a (freeware) converter for vector images *.CMX

Henk

No such puppy in existence. Same scenario as cdr files...propietary stuff.
Re-install CD9 and go from there (it is one of the better versions by the
way...I have all from v3 on).
Questions for V9 are usually handled through the Corel 11 newsgroup these
days.
BTW, Corel has just bought out Jasc so there might be some freebie offerings
down the line.

rocker

Henk de Jong

Mark said:
CorelDraw has an internal scripting language to make that easier. Go
to http://www.oberonplace.com and click "CorelDraw Scripts", then
"CorelDraw 9". The "File Converter" script appears to be a simple way
to batch convert the cmx files quickly. I did not give the direct
link because the rest of the website looks very useful.

(I don't own CorelDraw. The information above was found using Google,
as were all of these related links:)
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Graphics/Image_Editing/CorelDraw/>
<<<<<<news:corel.graphic_apps.draw-script>

Hi Mark,

Thanks again. After converting the script from version 8 to version 9
it worked!! All *.cmx files are converted now to *.wmf. I'm a very,
very happy guy this weekend :)).

With kind regards,