computer help needed!

Reaction score
hey guys,

as all of you already know im a newbie to all this especialy to comp so i kinda thought you guys could help me like whats a motherboard or a graphic etc:confused: .

thx italiankid1!:D :thumb: :D :thumb:

Reaction score
Ummmmm

Dude,
That's a *REALLY* general post.

What *Exactly* are you trying to achieve, or learn?

There's no quick answer/simple rule to either of your questions.
Apart from, Your PC MUST have a Motherboard to host the data transfer between your RAM/CPU and VIDEO. (N/Working/USB Devices/Sound etc)
Motherboards usually come in 1 or 2 sizes, that's about the only similarity between brands/models.

Graphics Chipsets often come provided on Motherboards now, but again this is essential... And there are many brands/products, depending on your actual Graphical requirements.

Whaddya wanna know? (more precisely)
Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
Are you really after help?

ItalianKid1, you seem to be posting a lot.
Are you after help or are you just an amateur spammer at work?:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
i want to know every thing i can about comps and im posting alot because i need help on lots cause im a newbie to all of this!

Reaction score
I dont envy you at all Italiankid. Its hard enough keeping up with computers now a days let alone starting from the beginning.

Have a look at this guide to MOTHERBOARDS:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/articles/Hardware/What_is_a_Motherboard/

Also, have a look around various websites such as www.tomshardware.com

If you are serious about learning, why not get your hands on a really old computer that is worthless and take it apart and have a look etc.

Bodhi

Reaction score
its going to take a lot of effort to learn alot about computers at the moment, as we are in the transition from one generation to a new generation of hardware as we speak.

the only thing that spurred me on to learn about computers in detail was the fact i was spending my own money, and i dont EVER waste money if i can at all help it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
its going to take a lot of effort to learn alot about computers at the moment, as we are in the transition from one generation to a new generation of hardware as we speak.

Too true. Things have moved so quickly last year or so, it is difficult to keep up with the Technology.

Two things hold true though:

1) Apple Macs cost more than their 'IBM' counterparts.

2) Linux Operating systems are better than Windows. And free. And harder to learn.

Here endeth the lesson :)

Reaction score
And what makes them better?!

P.S. Mucks, i found the gallery at long last, and you look nothing like i thought, i really thought you would look like that little cartoon guy on your posts! lol.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
And what makes them better?!

P.S. Mucks, i found the gallery at long last, and you look nothing like i thought, i really thought you would look like that little cartoon guy on your posts! lol.
Just because I uploaded a "picture" doesn't mean it IS me ... my Avatar is the closest to a likeness you'll get.

;)

Reaction score
Ah!! Thats very true. Mucks might not be the man in the gallery. That might be a yeti. :)

Reaction score
Linux is more stable and way more secure... 2 important factors in an OS.
But for those, such as me, that can't be arsed to learn Linux (yet!) - Windows 'does' ok. :blush:)

Reaction score
Sadly if you're like me and want to play farcry, FEAR, CSS, etc then linux isn't much use... :user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Numb Nut said:
Sadly if you're like me and want to play farcry, FEAR, CSS, etc then linux isn't much use... :user:
:rolleyes:

Nope, Linux ain't much use to a Windows games player ... best to stick with Windows.
happywave.gif

We only have about 3,000 games for Linux. ;)

There is a new linux update!
... http://farcry.ubi.com/

user.gif

Ask a Question