Windows XP computer half starts up, then resets??

Reaction score
When i start up my computer it loads up until the Windows XP black screen comes up with the little bar running along the bottom. Anyway it then proceeds to just restart over and over again by itself. Can anyone please give me any solutions???

Thanks

Reaction score
Hamish,

first of all remove all peripherals apart from keyb, monitor, mse and power, try again, if still same then on boot up hold the "F8" key and select safe mode from the menu then press enter twice, if it then boot's successfully try restarting you machine as normal. if it goes in ok after removed the periphs then connect them again one by one until you find the cause of the problem, let me know when you've tried this.

Regards

James

Reaction score
i have the same problem as above. resently, i installed a dvd burner. the computer never reseted before like that. does anyone no if this dvd burner would cause this 2 happen?

:thumb: regards _TheSkipper:)

Attachments

• buttflame.jpg
    buttflame.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Reaction score
I also had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, I ended up reformatting the hard drive

I was on a desktop at the time, so that must be the reason, you will never have this problem with a laptop!

Ask a Question