Windows Vista update, reboot endless loop

Reaction score
so last night i used windows update. Downloaded 29 updates. once they were downloaded they installed. 2 were unsuccessful. the compter prompetd to restart so id did. BUT now every time i switch on the computer, the screen comes up with this "updates were not configured properly. reverting changes do not turn off your computer" so waited for this to do it thing. It sits there for a bit then comes up saying "shutting down" so the comp restarts but just comes up with the "updates were not configured properly. reverting changes do not turn off your computer" again when the computer restarts and just starts the cycle all over agian. Its starting to get a tad annoying :(

its a very one sided realtionship I have with my computer, i give it love and affection, its give me the middle finger. I feel that our 1st falling out is about to be a big one!

also when i go into command prompt it stops load at
windows\system32\driver\crcdisk.sys

ANY help would be muchly apreciated

stu:D

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey,

Are you using Vista or XP?

If using Vista, stick the Vista CD and restore to previous point.

If XP then Stick the XP disc in and do a repair.

Found lots of others with similar problems, seems to work for them.

Reaction score
sorry forgot to mention that, I,m using vista.

I had tried putting the vista cd in but it doesn't load up just comes up with a black screen with the cursor on it

Ask a Question