Windows 7 Download Freezing Computer

Reaction score
What's up with my computer..Using Firefox, everytime I download something all goes well, I can see the little progress bar chugging along quite happily. That is until it comes tome for Firefox to do its little scanning thing. Thats when the whol;e computer just freezes up..I can't do anything then, and have to do a hard reset. Which is quite annoying if you are working on something else. I have looked at event logs and they show nowt. This is happening with all downloads, not just one..I have done all the various scans malware etc and nowt showing there..
What to do ? Should I un install FF and relaod ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Re-install sound s agood idea. Never have any problems with FF meself apart from an ocasional freeze when on a flash vid site but I think that is related to the site rather than FF.

You shouldn't be suprised anyway its winter an last time I looked it were freezing everywhere -4 C.
laughingsmiley.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You sure its not your AV scanning the DL'ed file?

Re installing FF *probably* wont help. (profile)

Mine does a similar thing but it dont lock the whole system up. after a DL the DL windows freezes as my AV (ESET) scans the file/folder. The bigger the folder/file the longer it takes. :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
You sure its not your AV scanning the DL'ed file?

Re installing FF *probably* wont help. (profile)

Mine does a similar thing but it dont lock the whole system up. after a DL the DL windows freezes as my AV (ESET) scans the file/folder. The bigger the folder/file the longer it takes. :)

At first I thught it might be the AV doing it..I am using same as you " Nod"...I did a re-install ( new profile ) and all seems to be ok now..I read on another forum it might have something to do with Firefox database.. Can't be 100% sure on that though. My Polish traslation isn't that good...

Ask a Question