Waterfox, A 64 Bit Firefox.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone been using this? I have for the last few days, plesently surprised. Seems to render pages a little faster than FF does.

If your wondering it uses your FF profile and looks just like FF, so other than a different install directory and icon you wont notice the difference. :)

If your running a 64 bit OS, i recommend you try it.

http://waterfoxproject.org/

What is Waterfox?
Waterfox is a high performance browser based on the Mozilla Firefox source code. Made specifically for 64-Bit systems, Waterfox has one thing in mind: speed.

Why should I use a 64-Bit version of Firefox?
64-Bit computing is the future! Any 64-Bit user will notice an instant increase in performance, but that is not the only advantage such as multi-tasking and improved stress handling.

If there are any bugs, where should I report them?
Unfortunately, since this is a 3rd party build you cannot report any bugs and you’ll just have to hope that they get fixed in the next update by Mozilla.

Is my experience limited if I use a 64-Bit version of Firefox?
The major plugins such as Adobe Flash, Sun Java, Microsoft Silverlight all have supported 64-Bit binaries available.

How does it compare to 32-Bit Firefox?
In benchmarks, the 64-Bit variant of Firefox out-performs the 32-Bit variant. Also because this variant is being built specifically for Windows, there might be further performance increases.

Were there any optimisations made?
Yes, Waterfox was compiled with SSE2, the AMD Core Math Library and the following optimisation flags: /O2 /GR- /GS- /GA

Do all my Add-Ons work?
Yes! Add-Ons work on any version of Firefox, on any platform.

I get a msvcr100.dll is missing error.
You must have the Visual C++ Redistributable file linked in the download page installed.

How do I fix the blurry font?
Type about:config in the address bar. In the filter at the top type gfx.direct2d.disabled. Change it from false to true.

Reaction score
just had a look at it & downloaded it cheers v_r.
and only did so because i was interested in what others were looking at.
so cheers bootneck!!!!:blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Random bump.

Waterfox is good, still going strong here, and what with FF just being updated to v12, it wont be long before WF v12 follows. :)

Ask a Question