    I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
    anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
    dfender? thanks :)

    spikey, Oct 20, 2009

  2. Is this a corporate machine? Client security refers to the Forefront
    protection that can be deployed in Enterprise environments by the
    administrators to provide security (which includes the protection of
    Defender already built in) for the client PCs.
    -steve

    --
    Stephen Boots
    MVP-Windows Live

    Stephen Boots MVP-Windows Live, Oct 21, 2009

  3. spikey

    crf4702 Guest

    "spikey" wrote:

    > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
    > says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
    > product and rerun the setup."
    > I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
    > anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
    > dfender? thanks :)

    I am having the same problem. Hope someone comes up with a solution, thanks

    crf4702, Oct 23, 2009
  4. spikey

    SEP Guest

    I am having this same problem also.

    SEP, Oct 23, 2009
  5. So give us some details, please? What other antivirus or antispyware programs are installed?

    I suspect this message is by design if you have the Forefront Client Security program or Microsoft Security Essentials installed.

    It may also occur if you previously had Windows Live OneCare installed and it has not been completely removed. If this is the case, there is a removal application available here which should help:

    http://social.microsoft.com/forums/.../thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943/

    Bill Sanderson, Oct 25, 2009
  6. spikey

    Ade Guest

    "Ade wrote

    Ade, Oct 30, 2009
  7. spikey

    cedie Guest

    cedie, Nov 11, 2009
  8. spikey

    barry Guest

    I found this problem as well

    I uninstalled spybot, malware and all my other protection tools and ran
    defender setup again - same error

    I then uninstalled microsoft security essentials, and defended installation
    ran perfectly.

    hope this helps

    --
    let the others rush

    barry, Nov 25, 2009
  9. spikey

    donapo Guest

    "barry" wrote:

    > I found this problem as well
    >

    > I uninstalled spybot, malware and all my other protection tools and ran
    > defender setup again - same error
    >
    > I then uninstalled microsoft security essentials, and defended installation
    > ran perfectly.
    >
    > hope this helps
    >

    > --
    > let the others rush
    >

    > "spikey" wrote:
    >
    > > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that
    > > says - "Microsoft Client protection has been found. Please remove that
    > > product and rerun the setup."
    > > I have tried disabling and un-installing security programs but to no avail.
    > > anyonehave any idea what could cause this and how to resolve so I caninstall
    > > dfender? thanks :)

    I will try to un-install the microsoft essential and see what happens.
    Thanks Barry. You are great. donapo

    donapo, Nov 26, 2009
  10. Please reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

    Microsoft Security essentials includes the functionality of Windows
    Defender, so the "symptom" you are seeing is by design--it is intentional.

    There is no need to install Windows Defender if Microsoft Security
    Essentials is installed. (you also do NOT need to uninstall Windows
    Defender--Microsoft Security Essentials will ensure that it doesn't
    interfere.)

    Bill Sanderson, Nov 27, 2009
  11. Suckmyrockets, Nov 29, 2009
  12. spikey

    ken magee Guest

    --
    golfer

    ken magee, Dec 9, 2009
  13. spikey

    dipanww Guest

    dipanww, Jan 4, 2010
  14. spikey

    Chuckie55 Guest

    Chuckie55, Feb 11, 2010
  15. spikey

    Kirkies Guest

    Microsoft security Essential should not be uninstall. Windows Defender is an
    older platform of MSE. MSE does all what Windows Defender does and provide
    anti virus protection as well. You can say MSE is Windows Defender (Reloaded)
    or (Part II)

    Kirkies, Mar 3, 2010
  16. spikey

    K.Lion Guest

    However, I was unable to install Security Essentials because of an error I
    couldn't find a solution to. Supposedly Security Essentials was not
    installed, it certainly isn't in my Program Files; however, I still also
    cannot install Windows Defender for the reason in this thread, and Microsoft
    Client Protection was never installed on this machine. So, the problem isn't
    so simple, and I am left with an unprotected machine...for now.

    K.Lion, Aug 9, 2010
  17. spikey

    Dadi Guest

    yea berry is correct after uninstalling security essecentials it downloaded
    correctly. THX BERRY

    Dadi, Aug 15, 2010
  18. > when trying to instal windows defender, I get an information box appear that

    V.C.Srivastava, Sep 29, 2010

    V.C.Srivastava, Sep 29, 2010