Client for Microsoft Network. Cannot enable?

Ryan

I have a laptop running xp pro and I have no problem
working with the linksys wirless g card. I can enable
and disable the client for microsoft networks and file
and print sharing. My problem comes when I try to
connect with my network card on my PC with a wire. Each
time I go to enable the client for microsoft network, I
get the prompt...

"Your current selection will also disable the following
components:

Client for Microsoft Networks.

Are you sure you want to disable these component(s)?"

I want to enable, not disable...This is a strange error I
cannot figure out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

Steve Winograd [MVP]

"Ryan" said:
I have a laptop running xp pro and I have no problem
working with the linksys wirless g card. I can enable
and disable the client for microsoft networks and file
and print sharing. My problem comes when I try to
connect with my network card on my PC with a wire. Each
time I go to enable the client for microsoft network, I
get the prompt...

"Your current selection will also disable the following
components:

Client for Microsoft Networks.

Are you sure you want to disable these component(s)?"

I want to enable, not disable...This is a strange error I
cannot figure out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

That probably indicates a corrupted network connection. Go to Device
Manager and un-install the network card that the connection uses.
Then, reboot and let the system re-install the network card, which
will create a new network connection.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Ryan,

Download the latest drivers from http://www.linksys.com/download/default.asp

remove adapter and reinstall using new drivers.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.