Clear History

When I "Clear History", nearly all addresses clear from address bar but some remain. For example, I've had a google.com search for Dick's Sporting Goods for a whole year, so that when I type www.g... my aforementioned search become an Auto Comple item? How can I get rid of these unwanted addresses?

Don Varnau

Corruption in the History folder or it's index.dat file can cause this.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.